10 man raid, one piece of loot, no one can even use it

We had a 10 man group without a single Warlock, Death Knight, or Demon Hunter. We kill Heroic Dathea and lo and behold we get only 1 piece of loot and it’s the tier piece for a Warlock Death Knight or Demon Hunter. This feels like an issue that was solved 10 years ago and somehow found its way back into the game.

Regrettably that is a fix that isn’t coming until 10.0.5, so that might be the loot issue you experienced since you should have had 2 drops, unless members of your raid group were saved to Heroic Dathea.

They also stated that with the return to group loot it was going to be possible that items no one could use would still drop. Their specific reference I believe was Bows can still drop even if there are no Hunters.

Edit: last statement was made sometime pre-launch during someones interviews, i couldnt tell you the exact one or when.

If people have alrerady killed the boss for the week and are there for the kill anways, you’ll get less loot.

1 Like

The % chance to get another piece of loot feels like it was removed. If you have 19 unsaved ppl in your raid, you’ll get 3 items. That’s why I urge raid leaders to do 2/3/10, 2/4/9 or 2/4/14.

Yeah I feel like personal loot needed some tweaking around trading rules, but it was almost a perfect system.

Now it’s just replaying all the problems that occurred the first time around with group loot like loot that no one can use dropping, people winning multiples of the same item.

Can’t imagine how toxic some of these PUGs must be getting in raid.