10 Man Mythic Raiding

Is there any thought of potentially adding a 10 man mythic raiding format? I started playing in cata, and nowadays I feel a bit locked out of hardcore raiding with my friends and I (current heroic is not the old heroic). Just curious if this is something being considered and if anyone else has interest. Thanks!

13 Likes

Wow what a well thought out suggestion, hope someone over at Blizzard sees this!

1 Like

This is a great idea !!!

1 Like

They ditched 10HM raiding due to being “to complex” to tune.

Translation: they’re lazy af

5 Likes

Just remove Mythic from server restrictions and more people would actually do it. The issue why no one ever does Mythic when they remove server restrictions is when a new raid tier comes out so there’s no reason to pug old mythic content.

If people are on discord and listening you can absolutely clear mythic in a pug with discord but they need to remove server restrictions in the current raid tier not after

2 Likes

I agree! At least, to an extent.

There’s a bit of exclusivity with regards to Mythic raiding, and maybe a design expectation that you must be able to bring a certain number of players to cover mechanics that are expected to be mitigated by class abilities.

Honestly, I don’t really care if they make a Flex Mythic Raid that scales between 10 and 30 players like Normal/Heroic, but drop the ilvl a bit and keep the fixed size Mythic Raid intact and at the top of the pyramid.

All I really want is access to additional mechanics for more challenge once Heroic is done. Mind you, I also don’t really mind the opportunity to stop playing this game. To be perfectly honest, this expansion more than any other, I’m looking forward to when we finish Heroic and I can quit for a while.

So… meh?

Raiding has been in decline for ages.
You can get m+ gear at 415
You can craft 418 gear

We are at the point where the only reason to raid is because they tend to insert some highly desirable unique items in there, and they have to do some crazy metarestrictions like valor cap, catalyst delay, sparks delay to keep heroic or less relevant for 8 weeks.

Nobody mythic raids because roster boss, you can pick up people and make friends on different servers and factions and you need 5 people. Mythic needs 20 people on at the same time on the same server and chances are is you wont like everyone in the group.

The tuning is horrible. Back in the day, Mythic was just a rebranded heroic, heroic was normal, and normal was that flex difficulty they introduced in mop for whatever reason. Now its like mythic needs the highest throughput to beat checks while a single mistake will kill a player and make it impossible to meet said check.

Why would anyone put in the effort and patience to raid mythic right now?

2 Likes

You are massively overestimating the playerbase.

Before I say anything else, I believe 10m would be a more appropriate raid size, but there’s no shot Blizzard would support both.

More importantly the limitation to pugging mythic has less to do with restrictions on forming the party, and more to do with the required pull count, having the same roster or at least replacing players with experience on that boss, and generally a pug will clear the “easy bosses” and nothing further. Unless you’re able to find a majority of full clear mythic raiders to fill your pug with, you will not clear mythic unless instance lockout restrictions are removed.

There are some good points in here, I think I’m a bit more of a traditional raider that isn’t even really in it for the gear, rather the challenge of working together as a group to accomplish something difficult for the sense of achievement. Like folks have mentioned this is “possible” with a PUG and no server restrictions, but the sheer group size and having to refill with different players every week would be inconvenient and a setback to group progression. I’m sure I’m an outlier here, but I think making some of the most challenging content applicable to smaller groups would at least help more folks feel included! I know we have this with Mythic+, but dungeons and raids are still objectively different types of content

Honestly man, I think you hit the nail on the head here lol. It’s just messed up. Doesn’t feel like a video game up at Mythic raiding level, feels like I’m trying to be a professional gamer 2 days a week like wth lol. IDK, imo, doesn’t seem right. Something’s missing or they’re trying to attract a supper try hard crowd for this game anymore.

3 Likes

I wish they’d try again. 10 man heroic was by far the most fun I had in this game, cata era.

Originally it was 25 or 10 and hard too balance. Now that its 20… maybe 20/10 would be easier, given the even numbers.

The main sticking point back then was gear… which was easier for the same gear? Now with gear from M+ & crafting, raid gear barely matters. Mythic raiders are trying to push CE for the achievement.

Keep HOF 20m only if it actually matters that much, tune 20 “correct” and let 10m be what it is. As long as its close it will be a massive success.

no.

we dont need that anymore.

we have 5man raiding as M+, just go play there.

Yes the game desperately needs 10m mythic. Is by far the superior mode. 20m Mythic is so arbitrary locked by the past its baffling they havent changed it yet. The implementation back in WoD was one of the worst changes WoW has received over its lifetime. Im too lazy to list all the advantages and why it should change rn, eventually ill do a big post on the forums if I still care enough about this game.
Point is that there is nothing for people who want to do high end PvE and not participate in the M+ timer sweatfest. 10m would fit really well for 2x mythic+ groups going together. Knew a lot of people that quit when 10m was removed and even the ones that sticked around all said they hate 20m and would gladly go back to 10m. Theres a reason why 10m was more popular back in the days. Cause people wanna play the GAME like mechanics and your character you know? Not some roster boss garbage which is worse than your real job. And even if you beat the roster boss you still carry 3-4 dead weight people through. Another big failure by blizz which slowly kills the game. I personally probably play anymore until next patch in a few weeks. Finished 7/8 HC since new years and only do my weekly 20 then log off cause there is nothing to do and M+ is the worst content available for PvE

Every time someone brings up “oh man 10m content would be so great to have” they’re conveniently overlooking two things:

1. The geometry of the encounter would mean that 10m is infinintely easier than any larger group size (i.e. 20m).
  2. 10m “meta” would be way worse than 20m. Every team would have 1 of each class that brings a raid buff. That’s it.

Ya you would never get invited to a 10 man without a raid buff because every member is now 2x more important than before in what they add to the fight and if you arent literally an s tier dps spec then you will never raid 10 man until you severely over gear it.

It’d be cool and I’d be cheering if they did it, but with all the logistics, I just don’t ever see it happening.

it should be 40man raiding. everyone’s computers are far better than in 2004 on 52k dial-up…

That makes no sense. That would mean M+ would never succeed.

There are 13 classes, so regardless a 10 man would have to make choices of what classes to go without - same as 5 man.

Also difficulty was per fight - 10m was often harder, not easier.

who started this rumor?

? What on earth are you trying to say here? M+ only cares about AoE and ST damage, and how good you are at each. Nobody doing keys (except maybe pushing WF levels) cares about the buff matrix for M+ other than doing your best to make sure you have a Heroism/Timewarp/Bloodlust (aside: buff drums).

Your personal play over the course of a key has a WAY bigger impact than the buffs you have.

Yeah, goodbye Hunters, DKs, and Shamans.

I mean in Cataclysm this was certainly the case in Blackrock when they straight up just left the 25m tuning on the 10m encounters for months. Was definitely not the case in Siege.