1 week notices gotta stop

did you think Blizzard was going to schedule with you personally?

We all knew Ulduar was coming

WOTLK Classic is on such incredible maintenance mode… im honestly impressed.

I figured they would kinda care about WOTLK… but it was launched and forgotten about almost immediately.

What a joke of a game 100%

For sure, we all knew it was coming.

is it really that hard to be like “hey here is our plan for WOTLK Classic so you can plan around it”

Its so incredibly simple i just dont get it.

My post is not for me personally. I will make the raid even if it was posted to launch today.

For the GUILD roster. If guilds are given more of a heads up with an actual date of release instead of it being announced 7 days prior, guild attendance on launch date can be increased by a considerable percentage. This will be true for almost every single guild.

We are not asking for THIS date to be changed, but for this consideration to be made for future releases.

3 Likes

Why do you need time? Does your guild not already have a set raiding schedule? We are all very aware new raids open thursdays. We had very good indication of a rough release date based on JJ ending.

Maybe if youre such a huge gamer have a contingency plan in place instead of complaining.

We expected that date but it’s just another case of having to ask people to request time off from work etc on short notice… because you can’t say that to anyone unless it’s confirmed. Some people do work evenings etc in the real world and can’t just plan for certain times off on a whim.

Better communication from Blizzard will probably never happen.

1 Like

I dont think its unfair to ask for a re-release of a 13 year old game to give some direction on whats going on.

Sure we can all speculate… but do you really need to defend the company that cant simply say “Hey btw next month 1/19 is ulduar, if anything changes we will let you know”

1 Like

We have contingencies, we will be running on release because of our abundance of raiders. But having more raiders available for release is not a bad thing.

Having more time between the announcement and concrete release date is not something bad for the game. It’s a good change and to fight against it is like boycotting air to breathe. (DISCLAIMER for the lesser minded: The above comparison is not saying that oxygen is just as important as the release heads up, it is simply pointing out how counter-intuitive both points would be)

An indication is NOT a valid substitute for a concrete date.

Im not defending anyone, its a game release date, we all need to calm down, 2 weeks out youd see the exact same posts

They are giving us a 12 month roadmap in retail for a game not even built yet.

I dont think its crazy to ask for the roadmap of classic which is a rerelease

1 Like

I mean, we are to blame for this. They have done tentative plans in the past but the players take them as promises then take out pitchforks when things are scrapped or dates are pushed back.

They can def do a better job communicating, but I also understand why they don’t do tentative dates anymore. People would be just as mad if they said they are shooting for 1/19 release then pushed it back a week. People would say they took time off work and Blizzard screwed them over.

2 Likes

I dont either, but i dont think its some travesty we dont have it, we got a weeks notice, good enough for me, if that stresses people out maybe need a new hobby

Tbh I think players would riot even more if in December they said 1/19, people planned for it (allegedly taking PTO for a raid release) and then today Blizzard said sorry it’s 2/2 because testing/troubleshooting took longer than we expected.

People aren’t asking for a date when they “think” it will be ready.

They want a date longer than just a week after everything is ready to go AFTER testing.

The way it is right now, blizzard has everything 100% ready and then announce that it’s coming in a week, or 2 days or 10 minutes ago.

don’t have replacements or fills?

If I am out it’s because I am out no amount of warning on new content release from a video game is going to make me not be unavailable.

Back to I guess if people would prefer:

1. “Testing is done, raid comes out next week”

Or

1. “Testing is done, we are delaying the raid raid release for 2 (or 3) weeks to give everyone more notice.”

I think that will get mixed responses.

But it’s always fine/good to advocate for your position.

Sure but an indication is what weve always had, and you just admitted you can run it fine so whats the issue? Cant get your split raid out the way week one?

We do. We have plenty of players.

Having more players to choose from/run 10 mans for gear because of a longer heads up is NOT a bad thing.

That’s the problem, it’s trying to manage setting up the raids.

We put signups up to get a feel for who could raid those days before the second the announcement came out but we couldn’t do it earlier.

It doesn’t matter that I or others strongly suspect a certain date. Before knowing for sure you can’t ask people to plan their lives around stuff like that. A lot of those on these forums are completely incapable of looking at the bigger picture and only think about themselves. it’s been that way on here for a while.

I expected this so not really mad but yeah it’s pretty obvious a lot of these posters have never planned any group activity in their lives. Blizzard is just doing what Blizzard does.

1 Like

The fact that we will be fine is irrelevant to anything.

My 15’ monitor displays the game just fine, but I would sure like a 32’ 240hz. Making things better is not a bad thing.