1 v 1 arena

How about 1 v 1 same class? At least someone can be the best warrior or rogue etc.

2 Likes

I handle rogues on my shadow priest same ilivhish.

This would not be balanced at all but just like dueling outside of Org or SW it helps you to learn the other classes and how people tend to play them.

Not sure I see the big problem with this?

Guardian can counter rogue pretty well

maybe when pallys arent meta sure

Blizzard could 100% design it so you cant join as a healer/tank or even go as far as to prevent certain super unbalanced match ups.

Tbh I wouldn’t mind this. No tanks or healers allowed though.

It’d be nice to be able to do rated PvP without having to worry about finding partners.

1 Like

Go duel in gurabashi. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Guardian can counter anything with short window dmg xdd

A 1v1 bracket would be an excellent addition serving as place for people to practice without the influence of team members, as well as a place for players to try out peculiar builds or stratagems without risking their team members rating. A lot of people would just really enjoy this style of combat anyway.

How the 1v1 rated arena rewards could work:

⌁ Item level rewards for end of game loot and end of week chest loot would follow the same tier system as 2s, 3s, and Rated BGs.

⌁ Similiar to the 2s bracket, a seasonal bracket unique title would be unlocked at 2400 rating.

⌁ 1v1 wins would reward 1/2 the honor and conquest a 2v2 match would

⌁ 1v1 wins would contribute 1/2 as much as 2v2 wins towards the seasonal mount, meaning it would take 200 wins in the bracket if done solely with 1v1s.

How in match mechanics could work:

⌁ Dampening would occur on the onset or after a very short duration around 1 minute.

This is to prevent players from waiting long periods of time to engage until dampening gets to a desirable level verse classes with heavy self sustain, like we saw in Savix’s 1v1 Invitational.

⦁ Dampening could be tuned depending on what game play loops you end up and what ones you’re trying to avoid / create.

These variants to dampening, once properly tuned, would allow for tanks and healers to que in the bracket at a reasonably competitive level without being either too strong or weak.

⌁ Stealth reveal eyes would spawn after 10 seconds and continual respawn every 15 seconds

This is to prevent stealth classes waiting for dampening to reach 100% before engaging without worry of being found.

Queue system and maps:

⌁ Queue system would work identical to 2s, 3s, and Rated BGs.

⌁ Potientially give players the option to thumbs down 1 map, similar to the Starcraft 2 ranked system.

I think smaller maps definetly lend themselves to more favorable 1v1 experiences

Common criticism of 1v1 rated arena and my preemptive responses:

⦁ The game isn’t balanced for 1v1 and never will be. Certain classes / specs will have an inherit advantage verse others because of the fundamental designs of said class / spec. This bracket will highlight those imbalances and lead to more toxicity and complaints about the state of the game.

If you look at class/spec representation in 2s and 3s you can’t really make the argument that those brackets are any less bias than 1v1s would be. It seems very silly to me to not put in content that some players would enjoy simply because a certain spec would have statistically a higher representation in the bracket.

The difference between classes / specs and their performance in all forms of content is already a hyper focal point of the community and has been, is, and always will be a source of contention. Warranted or unwarranted people will always complain about all aspects of the game.

When you choose a class / spec to play you take into account the various types of content that it does well at and ones that it does poorly at. For example, a tank has an easier time finding groups for dungeons and raids and pursuing those avenues of progression rather than a PvP one. Meanwhile a class like a rogue may find more competition in slots for PvE content, but may have an easier time finding PvP groups.

⌁ Certain specs have hard counters that are very difficult to beat, this would result in a lot frustration. In 2s and 3s you have allies that can make up for your specs weak points. Meaning you have more tools to overcome unfavorable odds.

There are comps and specs currently that are less than ideal for the 2s and 3s brackets yet there are still brackets. Take 3v3s certain comps have hard counters, this is well known. The same can be said for spec counters. Having a counter is part of the game. Just because you have a counter doesn’t mean that is exclusively what you would queue into as well. I would even go as far as to argue that some specs that are under-performing in the 2s and 3s bracket might find more success in a 1v1 bracket. Also 1v1s depends heavily on who is playing the spec. Unlike in 2s and 3s you won’t have teammates synced up to game state that can cooperate with you on what to do next, in some cases just command each other like pokemon. I genuinely wonder how many people know how to play their specs well enough to beat the specs they counter on their own. There is a lot of satisfaction to be had by overcoming unfavorable circumstances.

⌁ Players might feel pressured into queuing 1v1s for the rewards, and this could lead to less community involvement in the other brackets.

The rewards for the 1v1 bracket would the same as any other and it would reward conquest at a lower rate than even 2v2s meaning it would be the least efficient way to go about collecting them. Unlike 2s, 3s, or RBGs whether or not you queue up is entirely your own decision no one is ever going to pester you to que. Furthermore if a player would prefer to play alone than with a partner or team, wouldn’t your rather give that person the option to do so than force them into an interaction they may not want to be a part of?

As a complete novice to PvP wouldn’t it be easier to find a 2s partner if they could say, Hey I’ve never done 2s before, but I was able to reach 1800 in the 1v1 bracket? Also you may find a partner to que 2s or 3s with simply from the people that you would play in the bracket because they presumably would be of a similar skill assuming mmr is working properly.

⌁ Newer / less skilled players have nothing to gain from a 1v1 bracket and it will just serve to widen the gap between high end and low end players.

New players coming into PvP and they often would like a way to test/develop their own skill without having to be a “burden” or put their teammates ratings at risk. I think 1v1s with mmr and rating would provide as an excellent avenue for new and veteran players to practice various builds and become literate in how PvP works. Let’s not forget that a lot of abilities have invisible PvP scaling and work completely differently in PvP. Unless your someone who has been checking patch notes every single day you may be at a distinct disadvantage simply because your moves operate differently in an arena setting than they do in a PvE one. I know many people would much rather work to hit benchmark rating on their own than buy carries.

Look at the current spec rep in 3v3 for bfa 2100+ or even this season. (Used arenamate to look at stats) only 11 / 36 specs have more than a 3% representation in 3v3 @+ 2100 rating. Hpal and Disc together have a 25% representation. Hpal, Disc, Fire, Arms make up over 40% of the bracket 2100+ in 3v3. There’s no way 1v1 would have worse stats.

1 Like

Honestly, I just want to be free. Take the shackles off, unleash the addict. Get deep blue in here I’ll make it wish it was never coded.

Just make durotar/elwyn duel zones after a duel cool downs resets/full hp so you can duel again

Maybe give a toy after x amount of duels are won in a row to hearth back to said duel area (I know this is easy to obtain and that’s the point)

No people aren’t always there, when I want to 1v1 most its like 4:30am-5:15am and elwynn is ghost town + you’re dealing with sharding. World based 1v1 stuff doesn’t work we saw that with the brawler’s guild in Boralus. We need the ability to queue it should give the same rewards as 2s.

That sounds horrible also 2’s is dead at 5am 3’s is dead people aren’t staying up all night for 1v1. Also it giving rewards is atrocious. Cosmetic? Fine

No it’s completely reasonable. A lot of players have no idea how to play unless they’re commanded like pokemon. What that means is not every feral is going to completely rek a frost mage. Every spec can beat every spec, just not every player.

We’ve created this false narrative around 3s that it’s some chosen ascendant content that divines someone’s ultimate worth when it’s just mostly coordinating cc that starts with an unavoidable instant cast cc that you can use with a @arenaX or @focus macro. You can start a game winning CC chain by spinning with max DPI in a circle spamming a single key.

Yah, they can learn and get proper rewards or they can do meaningless duels and get nothin

Why is it the proper way because you do it?
Because it’s the way it’s always been done?

Nope for aforementioned reasons? Idk why ur so slow maaaaan I guess this is why u need those rewards huh

What are the aforementioned reasons? I want the rewards because everyone deserves something for beating another player. When I beat 1300 enh shamans I want some honor, conquest, and rating from it. It’s only fair they get to experience fighting a much better shaman after all. They’ll probably will learn a lot. Likewise if they ascendance chain harvest global me, they should get something for beating me. They’ve earned it

People are scared of falling short of their expectations if they have the opportunity, perfectly reasonable thing.

I’m much more appreciative of another player’s skill in a 1v1 scenario than a team one, because I know the everything that happened came from them. It makes me so happy to know there’s people that are willing to put time into their character like that. In 2s or 3s it’s so much harder to gauge that and to get that feeling.

hidden profile obvious 1300 player