1 Month of game time?

Why was the option to buy just one month of game time for $14.99(US) removed?

3 Likes

I’m not sure why, only the devs can answer that, and they don’t frequent this board.

There was never a why posted. Just the general message from back in March:

1 Like
2 Likes

There is, however a work around to pay for a single month.

Create a month by month subscription and cancel it a couple of days later.
You will have been charged for the first month, and be able to play for the rest of that month, but as you canceled the sub, there will be no recurring charge.

2 Likes

The others were kind enough to link the post from months back announcing the change. Mirasol was fabulous and put together this nifty chart of what time is available through which resource. (go there directly where it’s formatted far better than the preview will show.)

4 Likes

You might want to loosen that tin foil hat, seems a little tight.

1 Like

And yet, it’s still possible to buy your game time in one-month increments. So… I guess you’re just wrong.

Not only is this information irrelevant, it’s not something worth bragging about on the interwebs.

9 Likes

It’s actually quite irrelevant. Blizzard chose to do what they chose to do. Beyond that? It doesn’t matter why they did it.

It doesn’t matter if you’ve got their internal reports and they’re down to a few thousand subs. It’s their company, they can do what they want. We as players can choose which of the forms of subscription/time blocks we wish to employ, or not. Speculation on that very tired refrain of “Blizzard is dying!” serves no purpose.

The OP made their inquiry, they were provided with their options. Anything more here is unnecessary. Discussion belongs in GD. This is more of a help desk forum for players to assist other players.

7 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. I was simply attempting to shed a little light on what I saw and I failed to consider that this is CS and not GD. Thank you for explaining it to me in a clear and respectful way.

1 Like

Yeah? I know quite a lot of players that use the monthly subscription to play month-to-month by cancelling the subscription as soon as the month is billed. They have paid for, and received, one month of game time. Not one day more, not one day less.

If a player wants to buy a single month of game time, they can.

3 Likes

I understand that it is possible to achieve the purchase of one month by subbing and then un-subbing. The stand alone, 1 month was removed. This does not effect me personally. I imagine this is applicable to someone who wants to buy game time with their Blizz balance. Either way, as was stated earlier, this is not CS not CD so I will be done here. Have a nice day.

Players also dont have to get a subscription most game store or retailers walmart sells 60 time card ive been doing it for years.

3 Likes