1 month after patch

I think this may be the time for Blizzard to start adding free game time tbh. This long? It’s really unfortunate.

3 Likes

Fronting the cash for one? I’ve been running WoW on this iMac with no issues (until January 14) since Blizzard stopped supporting the operating system the 2007 iMac was stuck at in 2012. Today I can’t play at all, graphics go crazy after only a few minutes and I’m not even doing anything—standing in the bank.

1 Like

Just tried to do a TW dungeon again…

Didnt lasted more than 5 mins before the game froze completely

Found your problem.

Macs aren’t for gaming, build a PC.

What are you doing differently on your mac? I have nothing but trouble and everyone I know who also use macs have the same exact problems.

I have played on both a PC and a Mac for years and never had a problem until BFA came out.

At first it was minor things, slightly longer load times, a little clipping here or there.

The suggested fixes were dial down the graphic quality and use a wired ethernet connection over a wireless one.

Did that and it improved slightly. Then by about 6 months in the lag was really bad when I was in zones w/ a lot of people.

At that point the fix was turn off addons, use the repair function from the battlenet window and upgrade the OS and avoid places like Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Dalaran.

Did all that and got a marginal improvement.

By the time 8.2 came out the game was completely unplayable. It would take a good 5-10 minutes for the environment to load regardless of location and then if I had the audacity to mount up My character would vanish and take another 10 minutes before I would reappear. If I was in an area with a lot of activity the screen would look like a fringe event and usually completely lock up.

1 Like

ok, are you sure its the mac and not the internet? have you tried unplugging the router, change out all the old cords for new ones?
What is the upload/ download for the internet?

also, is your graphics card being used?
I have a windows computer but ever since a patch the game had been having issues using the graphics card. Turns out the settings were pointing to a wow.exe location that was no longer valid.
Wow is now located in the retail folder.

maybe also check which directX option you are using the added a legacy version and the normal one.

depending on how old your computer is it might just not meet the requirements for the direct X option you are currently using.
*note: leaving as is but mac does not appear to have a DirectX option so idk what Graphics API options you might have but i assume the was a similar change and they appear to have made Changes to the API to allow for multi core processors to use multiple cores among other things.

also you might have better luck looking in the Mac support form.
seems the issue has been tracked down to a driver issue related to your graphics card so make sure your drivers are up to date. other than that

I honestly don’t know. I will double check when I get home. It is my wife’s imac and it is probably about 3 years old at this point, maybe 4.

I have a pc that a friend if mine built that is probably 8 years old now that has no problems at all beyond having to switch the direct x thing. My kids have a 4 year old dell laptop that has no problems either, although the graphics aren’t as pretty as they should be.

I have reset all the routers and switches.

I just don’t understand why people buy Macs… zero customization, ridiculously priced, no personal maintenance.

SMH. More money than brains me thinks.

2 Likes

They used to be the go to tool for graphic design and other art/production applications.

I used to do graphic and print design so I always had a mac and a pc around.

Traditionally they weren’t gaming machines but Blizzard was one of the few companies that made hybrid discs and their games ran rather well on macs.

I have been out of touch for over 14 years now, so I don’t know if they still have that niche market.

Possibly? All I know is that they are exorbitantly priced, like… absolutely to a ridiculous level if you actually want to do anything “professional” Tens of thousands of dollars levels of ridiculous. (And no, that’s not an exaggeration)

I’m sorry, no computer is worth tens of thousands of dollars. Especially not one that your not allowed to even open without voiding it’s warranty, or do anything to fix / configure it.

Apple is just a company that milks it’s fanatical fanbase these days in my opinion.

4 Likes

I completely agree. Their prices are completely out of line for what they offer.

3 Likes

Take it to the “Genius Bar”. Those snooty kids can fix anything. They are geniuses after all…

3 Likes

I used a mac for years, I use pc now and blizzard was very good about addressing issues in the past. My husband uses a Mac to play and he hasn’t mentioned anything about problems.

Definatly try the Mac support forum and make sure to include any error videos and details about your specific machine

Hope you get it resolved

Ignore all the haters, blizzard has been supporting Mac users all along for all their games I believe, not sure about overwatch, never played it

Apple is no good bro. Get out of that cult while you can. :frowning:

1 Like

Isn’t the Windows Cult the exact same thing? If you like Windows, that’s fine, no one is going to care. If you don’t like Mac, don’t use one. I don’t see what the issue is.

My first year of college we learned AS400 and Unix. I’ve used almost every OS type (currently learning raspberry pi stuff and setting up a HC2 for home storage. I’ve got 5 operating systems running in my house.

“Hurr Durr Windows is better” is completely idiotic. Enjoy.

1 Like

Didn’t they announce WoW for phones or something? That’s the future of Blizzard anyways. OP should just throw away the Mac and get a phone.

Just not an iPhone. :stuck_out_tongue:

The thread in the Mac support forum has been going since the patch dropped, with no resolution. That’s why OP made the thread here, to let people who don’t go to the mac forums know that Blizzard is leaving the majority of their Mac users out in the cold.

WoW ran fine on my mac for over seven years, every other program and game are still running fine, but WoW started having graphics issues since patch day. Started out small, sections of terrain striped blue and green, but then the freezes started. There were occasional desperate patches, sometimes the game would be stable for longer or shorter periods, and since yesterday’s maintenance it’s definitely a shorter time. I’m not always straining my graphics when it happens, it can happen while standing still staring at a bank teller.

Eventually I’ll get to do what most Mac users who were posting in that thread did, give up and figure out how to run a windows emulator to play a single game.

4 Likes

Game crashed (including the computer) twice in the same dungeon

I’m having a lot of these issues on PC still, pretty sure the server are just a hamster wheel at this point