1 account, 2 subs, 1 classic?

One battle net with 2 paid accounts should equal 2 classic accounts, however, you should not share with anyone as that is against the ToS.

3 Likes

it’s not shared. 2 game licenses under 1 account is legal.

It’s not, because you can’t share Blizzard Accounts with other people.

5 Likes

Its one account/license per person unless its a parent/child each person should have there own seperate bnet account with wow liscense.

5 Likes

Sorry no. You can certainly have two licences under 1 battlenet account - if they are both yours.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, Entilza, but it is not. Only the registered user on a Battle.net account should have access to it. The only exception is that you can allow a child that you are the parent or guardian of to also access the game. That ability does not extend to spouses.

She really should have her own Battle.net account with a WoW license on it. I’d recommend contacting our Support staff to see if they can help.

6 Likes

Wrong again. Both belong to me, I play on one, my wife plays on the other and this is all completely legal. I have already discussed this ahead of time with a gm. How/Why else would this settup be allowed to have multiple licenses under 1 account for the same game.

Do you recall when that was? Perhaps the ticket number? My guess is there is some kind of misunderstanding because as I said, only the registered user may access a Battle.net account with that one caveat.

5 Likes

This was literally years ago. I would not have archived that.

Unfortunately, that GM was wrong or misguided as pointed out by Vrak above.

My wife and I are on separate Battle.net accounts for this very reason :wink: The good news is that this can usually be sorted out by Blizz for you.

Because some people have accounts for their kid or multiple accounts for themselves…like me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Many players have multiple game licences under the one account for a variety of reasons - some players have maxed out character slots on their accounts and start up a new one, or for sharing with a minor child. For examples.

4 Likes

how is sharing with your kid any different than my wife? So we can play together, just like if it was your kid. This is getting rather frustrating as it’s not answering my actual question. It was ok’d to play like this before. It’s no different than your kid. I just need to know know if there is only 1 classic per account.

Actually I think I found it. From what I can see of the discussion you were setting up an account for your son and wanted to have his WoW license on your Battle.net account. Given your son’s age the Game Master said you can set up a second license on your Battle.net account.

You did mention your wife, but very quickly in a string of sentences. You basically said “Might get your wife to play on his account”. The Game Master never acknowledged that statement though.

Obviously you felt that they were giving you the all clear. For that reason I would say we may be able to help. I would reference that ticket number and simply state, I asked a Game Master if I could share access and I thought they said it was okay. I recently found out it was not and I’d like to move that license.

You can even reference this thread if you’d like.

10 Likes

10 characters

Your wife is an entirely different legal individual and while your relationship may remain amicable it is not always so. Not only does allowing access to another individual compromise its security but if there is ever a question of ownership, there is no shared custody to a Battle.net account.

You allow access to a minor child that you are the guardian of, therefore the account is registered to you and you allow them access at your discretion, something you can do with a minor child. Not something we allow for an adult.

3 Likes

Well that leaves one question, as annoying as that process will no doubt be, and that is what happens to literally everything that’s account wide that either she or I got.

Yes, but I’d highly recommend addressing this now, when there is a reasonable explanation and timing that would allow us to possibly help.

All mounts, pets, etc… that are Battle.net account bound will remain with the source Battle.net account.

It’s so very different. One is a minor child, the other is not. We’ve seen many cases here in CS where a spouse went out of their way to cause trouble for the other because they had access to each other’s accounts.

In fact, even today Blizz will recommend that kids have a separate account too. Even though it’s allowed, it’s not at all recommended to share an account with kids. They tend to cause even more issues :wink:

1 Like

Whatever was earned account wide, on your battle.net, will remain there. Mounts, pets, achievements, wardrobe etc. There are a few exceptions, but not too many.

So if we separated the 2nd license, she/my son would lose everything account bound even if she/my son earned it.