1.12 Quest Hubs

I’ve read the new post several times, but the wording does not clearly portray whether certain quest hubs will be in at launch, particularly Searing Gorge, Horde Hinterlands, and Silithus quests.

Any devs able to comment on this for clarification?

I highly doubt blizzard will launch without those quest hubs in the game as they fill a pretty important level gap that is otherwise spent farming mobs or doing mara over and over again.

2 Likes

Every arrow we get points to 1.12. Expect 1.12. Expect all the quests to be there at launch unless they’re directly related to content from a different phase.

The quest to get attuned to BWL, for example, will probably not be available until the BWL phase is released.

I doubt this will be directly addressed by Blizzard because it seems fairly obvious.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s obvious. Items from these quests were not available until “x” patch. The biggest one that comes to mind is the trinket from Jinthalor quest in Hinterlands. Same for the minor items like the Luffa from Searing Gorge.

They want to touch the 1.12 data as little as possible. They said this in the Blizzcon panel on Classic. Removing quests from Classic to do progressive quests is unnecessary. The only quests that will not be available most likely are quests related to content in not available in the current phase.

While they haven’t called it out specifically, I’d expect things like Thorium Point to arrive in the Content Patch matching their original Patch.

I’m interested to see what happens with the MC attunement though. It technically shouldn’t be included until CP2, but since we expect BRD to have the 5 man cap, it will need to be there from CP1.

Seems obvious to me :man_shrugging:

I fail to see how a quest item like this has any impact on raid progression, which would be the only concern for which they might hold off on releasing a quest.

I guess a tank could remove a bleed and maybe that’s useful on a boss? Still doesn’t seem good enough to justify holding off on a quest for a content phase.

At any rate the vast vast majority of quest rewards are useless for any sort of raid progression.

Yeah I was mostly talking about Rune of the Guard Captain which is quite good for melee (yet another early melee advantage over casters). Just threw the Luffa in as another random item not added till a later patch related to questing.

Itemization is 1.12.
Content unlocks are in phases.

If a quest hub came out in a certain patch, it will become available when that same content is released in its appropriate phase.

For example, Silithus quests will be released with Ahn’Qiraj.

Luffa was pretty great for a few later game bosses do the rend remove, though as you said not worth touch data over. THe general idea is that they will still won’t be touching 1.12 data so if that quest hub was added it should be in.

It’s interesting to note that 50 class quest where added in 1.9, makes you wonder if those will be in at start or not. though i doubt blizzard will go out of there way to remove quest, then re add em.

I’m curious as to what state Silithus will be in on launch. Silithus was updated in the pre-AQ patch, and Blizzard said they’re rolling back AQ changes to Silithus.

One thing i am curious if they’ll be adding in those world bosses and armor sets to summon them, or will those be out on launch? They did come in Pre AQ, not just the quest hub.

If they include the summons, Silithus will become a warzone to rival STV. Drops from those summons were very good, and you could repeat them indefinitely, but the cultists were in limited supply and the bosses could be stolen.

1 Like

It depends on whether the consider the 1.8 changes as part of the War Effort or not. Logically the non-AQ part of Silithus changes should happen in CP4.

2 Likes

I’m interested in this as well, the level 50 ST quests had some nice stuff in them.

It’s 1.12 if it doesn’t directly affect raiding or PvP

That warrior trinket was BIS forever as a dps, that’s for sure.