0 Hunters top 100 3v3?

Yeah it’s basically taken a lot of what made us good. BM hunters don’t even use exotic pets in PvP. A little needs to change to make us a good option over SV in at least some cases. I can’t get the ques out here!

I mean to be fair BM hasn’t really been good that often anyways outside of cheese

Ranged hunter needs to be much better but like I said it was never really BM that was preferred to begin with

1 Like

bm is the spec for young children and bad players

2 Likes

Sadly the core design of MM in BFA is built around TS windows and DT RF. This means you either need to play with a class that has a stun or MM should get one otherwise The class is easily countered with LoS.

I doubt blizzard will rework MM again, most likely they will clean up trick shots and maybe change how Precise Shots and buffing or changing talents since we have only one viable spec.

I would prefer they add in roots and strong slows for MM instead of a stun, but I think blizzard is just reserving that for frost mage.

I don’t think they’re going to do anything mechanical with the specs this late into the game either, but here’s some things that could have made MM at least playable this expansion imo:

1. Scatter on disorient instead of incap. That way you eat more DRs with your setup but can actually use your CC by yourself.
  2. Readiness or two charges of turtle.
  3. Binding shot in a different place on the talent tree where you can use post and binding like in legion.

The core of the way the damage works is honestly fine for pvp. It could have been a lot of fun to play a plant and cast version of MM that worked. Plant and cast can’t work without a robust control kit, though, and they forgot that part and never fixed it.

We do not need more defensives, in fact this game needs less defensives as a whole.

Looked at top 20 on ladder, it’s actually entirely people that play mage or are playing with a mage

There is not a single non mage spot in the top 20 ROFL

I normally have a hint of sarcasm with my mage posts but it’s sadder when they’re actually accurate

5 Likes

Bring on the marksman hunters with healing trinkets to put them mages in their place.

Even if you’re MM a mage shouldn’t lose people would just only lose from not knowing how to play vs it which is just the only way rogue mage ever loses to begin with

1 Like

Don’t be mean

Shadowlands is quite a ways away, but we all know they won’t do major overhauls. You’ve shot down a few ideas recently for MM changes in the form of ones along the lines of what Blizzard could possibly do in the next major patch, but haven’t offered up much.

If you were tasked with Band-aiding MM to bring it to t1-t2 without overhauling, or creating brand new abilities, just tuning numbers, changing CDs, changing tables, shifting %s and such, or giving access to other hunter abilities already existing within the game, how exactly would you do it?

hey yo i got bored and leveled up my hunter so i could brett favre some scrub demon hunters and catch their dash

mm is stupid and i’m already tired of aimed shotting 8 million hp guardians for 10k can i have chimera shot and wild quiver and other stuff back from when hunter was good in wrath

take out focus too, focus sucks

1 Like

In wrath everything was high risk high reward… Now it seems like 70% of the specs are low risk, low rewards. 10% are low risk high reward and 20% are high risk low reward. Class design, pvp pace and game play is bad now it’s a slow clunky game designed for a low barrier of entry that’s about it.

1 Like

Ya pmuch, that’s my largest gripe with the game

There’s not enough risk/reward attachment to many things in the game which makes it feel pretty dull

2 Likes

Preach it bro. Wanna kms queuing into guardian dh, plate mail warlocks, and invincible rmpalas all day.

I don’t know who they have working on pvp but it seems like they don’t have anyone at all. Active changes are non-existent and have been since Legion. Their focus is clearly on Mythic + which is sad. I’d go as far to say they care more about Mythic + than they do even raiding now… I do not like Mythic + at all I feel like it’s sapped the energy from every single aspect of this game. It should be something that adds to the game but in it’s current state and probably forever state I feel like it just takes.

There were actually many pvp changes in Legion. It was actually pretty regular.

Actually they havnt balanced anything for raid or m+ or pvp since this tier started, there were a few changes like some dlock buffs and arms buffs and arcane mage buffs, but other than that the meta is still 2 outlaw rogues + dh with a monk tank an druid healer. we also got very few buffs/changes coming in 8.3 because they are adding new systems in place and dont wanna touch anything yet. my guess is that once mythic week/m+ and pvp season start is when they will look to make some solid changes, based on the heroic performance.