0 Hunters top 100 3v3?

Was checking out the leaderboards today and noticed there were 0 Hunters in the US top 100 3v3???

That’s pretty bad. Hopefully blizzard reworks the class for Shadowlands.

1 Like

Marks needs a rework, but surv and BM don’t need reworks. Surv is the best designed spec in the game by far right now.
It’s an issue with the best performing classes being incredibly low risk and high reward, whereas hunters are a higher-than-average risk to reward ratio.
The game would be in a great place if everyone were in the risk/reward ratio position that survival is in.

It’s a matter of “why push on my hunter and be easily punished when I’m not playing 100% when I can just play my alt that I only kind of know how to play but am never punished for making mistakes on.”

The only people playing hunter are people that deeply enjoy the class, which is a surprisingly rare reason behind why someone plays the class they play.

16 Likes

Survival doesnt stand up because it dies, wheras the meta specs/classes/comps do not. Simple as that

1 Like

To be fair I generally am in top 100, I just also fluctuate a lot playing w.e

There’s still a few on EU that are high as well

It’s just a lot of effort and super que dependent too, mostly not worth the stress of playing unless you’re a masochist

5 Likes

Marks damage is totally fine, and the tookit is fun to use if you are alowed to play. It needs intimidation stun baseline like the other 2 specs, and it needs another form of active mitigation if Aimed shot is to remain a “self rooting” cast time spell. Make Scatter its own DR on top of those other 2 changes and it’s good to go.

BM is fine, but kill Command really needs to hit a lot harder then it does. Even with a target less then 35% hp for the bonus 50% hp it still tickles target’s with very weak damage in PvP.

I don’t think giving MM intim stun makes much sense, making scatter shot on fear DR is one thing which helps out in that regard anyways, but giving intim stun is kinda silly for MM in general. I’m for any form of utility but that for MM pmuch

1 Like

dunno why you think I think its not
I said marks needs a rework, not that marks needs more damage lol
marks is mechnically horrible

1 Like

The way it functions is fun IMO, but that’s completely subjective on what you enjoy. It’s very much a throw back to earlier builds of hunter focused on Aimed shot as the core, rapid fire effectively replaces old MS (as far as rotation), and steady shot / arcane for filler. What is a bummer is like I said, forcing you to not move 30-40% of the time to cast Aimed shots or lose a considerable amount of damage.

I dunno, maybe if you deflected 30% damage while casting Aimed shot it wouldn’t be so heavily punished for arena use? Better yet would be to just allow it to cast while moving and reduce its damage to compensate. Make it also break the cast if someone LoS’s it mid cast. So you can’t just start the cast, duck behind a pillar, and pop out to finish the cast and actually have to “aim” at the target the entire time.

I don’t think it made much sense giving it to Survival either, since it’s always been a BM ability. But if it’s good enough for two specs it should be inclusive for all 3.

It made more sense when they made SV extremely pet based too, and just functions as a hybrid of BM, melee, and a bunch of other hunter mechanics. The pet is a huge part of SV which is why intim makes sense. Otherwise they shouldn’t either

I understand their line of thinking coming into the BFA rework, it just feels like they borrowed to much from BM. Replacing flanking strike with kill command, as well as removing caltrops, lacerate, and explosive trap, and throwing axes removed the part of melee hunter that gave it the “hunter trapper feel” and its own separate niche.

On paper I loved the changes for Survival for BFA. For all those reason’s it really just feels like it got reduced to a BM spec. The only really nice addition was aspect of the hawk, which would of worked just fine added into Legion’s iteration, which would of kept the spec’s character while adding that extra ranged damage to close games out.

lmfao theres like 16 mages in the top 100

better nerf hunter

edit: just counted and 21 mages in top 100

lmfaooo

and 16 rogues

better nerf those dang shammies

1 Like

Check how many in top 100 2v2.

There’s 2 hunters in top 100, with me a little off of it (118)

There’s 5 mages in top 100 in 2v2 lol

There’s literally more mages than hunters in top 100 in 2s LMAOO. There’s even representation for all 3 mage specs in 2s

1 Like

You know it was really funny when I thought it was just Willy. But then it got slightly less funny when I saw ssds down there.

I just wasn’t sure what point you were making, seems like you were trying to reference hunter 2v2 strength but even that representation has taken a hit and I still think that’s a worthless bracket to care about to begin with

Just don’t get what the point of it is when even mages somehow manage to have higher rep in just 2v2 lmao, and usually hunter takes their spot in 2s

1 Like

Im also top 120 hunter in 2 vs 2, but thats pretty much because rdruid and hunter is broken no matter what spec you play. mm has a nice synergy with druid since the druid can bring the stuns and you can bring the damage and ranged/kiting, also cycloning someone at 30% hp and allowing a DT aimedshot cast to get off coming out of that clone is pretty much a kill.

Hunters in general whatever spec are not doing so hot, and its because every class has so many cooldowns and self heals that its ridic. a hunter will never make it to damp in 3s, but a lock/dk/dh will.

Also MM has been the go to counter for mages since the dawn of time, when the ladder is all casters and melee and 0 mm hunters. mages are going to dominate the ladder. you can ask vultz what his ultimate counter is and he will say MM hunter lol.

2 Likes

Top 100 of how many ?

I don’t see why SV should have intimidated stun.

SV pretty BM like and they gave them a jack of all trades feel, also they made SV pretty odd to operate withoit a stun

MM I’ve never felt needs a stun when it actually has it’s other utility in place, simple as that. I’d also be saying the same for SV if it was still the ranged version.

1 Like

Lol yea, them and affy locks :joy:
Seriously so few dps shamans in the top more than 100 it’s crazy… Didn’t realize ele took as big of a hit from the lasso nerf as it did.
Rip enhance.