🧾 Monthly Realm Populations Report! May 2020 (Comparison to January 2020) - Americas & Oceania

Ty OP, interesting read

According to Blizzard, in a public statement in 2016, less than half the playerbase does ANY raiding. There is no reason to think Classic is different.

Not quite – that database only shows level 60 raiders who use “warcraft logs”. That is far from actual population numbers.

Yes, I agree – for comparing any 2 factions, the numbers are very useful.

1 Like

In my opinion, Blizzard stopped this for one simple reason: they have a load toxic playerbase. Not every player – but enough to keep the forum busy.

I was around when Blizzard stopped reporting quarterly sub numbers. At the time it was obvious why - a constant barrage of forum posts had been attacking Blizzard, and every post quoted the sub numbers. Of course most posts used them incorrectly, but they still used them. “They are losing subs, and HERE IS THE REASON WHY”, according to hundreds and hundreds of posts. Each post cited a different “reason why” - but the numbers prove it!

If you were attacked thousands of times a year using numbers, wouldn’t you stop giving out those numbers? I sure would. Why feed the fire? Why help your enemies attack you?

1 Like

This is 95% of the reason. A company isn’t going to freely offer any information they aren’t legally required to offer when it could affect their share price in a negative way (potentially), even if the numbers are usually good.

Blizzard is a much different company now, but it was during a downtrend that they stopped publishing numbers.

Thank you for the correction about “warcraft logs”.

I agree that this was probably the biggest reason why Blizz did that.
But i also think they shouldn’t care and it would be very nice if they show us these statistics.
It is just good ethics, in my opinion. To trust your subscribers.

nothing to see here

Is there a website with more raid logs than Ironforge?
Do you have a better source?
I can confirm the faction / balance being accurate since i have lvl 50+ characters on 4 different realms.
I don’t think there’s any more accurate source than that.
Or do you have any specific Database in mind that is better?

you sure this is accurate ? I play 60 grob horde and at max level we are outnumbered to hell. counting all alts maybe ? like org bank alts and twinks ?
level 60 to 60 has gotta be like 60-62% alliance to 38% horde I would say

Good post and all but you’re dead wrong about the hunting part. It’s more like the Alliance runs away like the chicken shizzzz they are.

56.4/43.6 probably isn’t the exact balance, but it’s likely pretty close. That’s a massive disparity though, I know the number /looks/ small.

4880 vs 3772 players based on the numbers presented.

Dude, 62 to 38 vs 56 to 43, you really think you can see the difference by eye??

1 Like

it was 60-40 on these websites and it only got worse, is why I say sub 40% horde, at world dragons and stuff we get swarmed 5 to 1 or 2 to 1 bare minimum, hard to believe grobb is almost 50-50 lol just saying.

Thank you -

My take aways - similar #s of factions across servers when added together.

Meaning not everyone rolled horde and it is some lol sided sky is falling nonsense.

There are plenty of closely balanced and balanced PvP servers. The forum goers just seem to want to complain.

There are obviously less ally that want to PvP vs horde chose the wrong faction and zerged it.

Blizzard could easily take the lop sided servers and just do a full merge and have balanced, but full, PvP servers.

Deviate Delight is BIS.

2 Likes

Where’s Thalnos?

The pandemic did good things for Classics population it looks like.

1 Like

I love data driven people. Amazing post, and I am stunned by the increase.

Well, the fresh stats as of today say 58% alliance, it counts lvl 60 raiders that sign up in the most popular raid log database in Classic.
I think the “outnumbered to hell” is an overstatement.
I have characters on Grobbulus too, and yes, Alliance definitely has an advantage in world pvp. But if you call that outnumbered to hell, you haven’t played on the servers where it is definitely the case.

Awesome the numbers all seem healthy and good!

All we needed was a little pandemic.

I now understand why no one ever seems to run any instances on my server (Azuresong). I cannot begin to imagine life on a server with 10x the population. How do you farm anything?

You realize some servers have more people artificially inflating bracket pools more than others right?

What a waste of time this entire post is