🤯 Raider IO ruined PVE

Did they learn from their mistake? That is the most important measurement. I make mistakes all the time but try my best to learn from them.

Well to that I would say firstly, no they didn’t, and the group ended up dissolving. And second, that’s an example of my main point. Not to sound precious but that ended up wasting my time as well as my consumables as well as the others who spent time to actually learn the mechanics from, I don’t know, maybe a M+0 before attempting an 8.

That’s why I can understand how io has come to be. Pugging is bad enough, but if you are going to subject yourself to it for folks like me whose entire guilds have left the game, there needs to be some other measure for skill when recruiting strangers to a group.

2 Likes

thx! did what i could.

the group finder would be greatly improved if they included more info

Errggh still an issue tonight

Nope. I always armory people and check to see if they had logs. Raider IO just put the information in one spot.

Lol why would I want to waste my time playing with players who you yourself say are bad? They are just going to experience a toxic response for their performance and be removed. It’s a waste of everyones time and wow players don’t like wasting time.

Why can’t you group with other casual players like yourself who don’t like raider IO? I’m sure you’re not the only one.

If it is your party how are they automatically weeded out? You have final say of who gets in your group.

1 Like

I know this is an unpopular opinion but raider io is why I don’t do group content anymore.

Even when I had a guild during bfa’s launch, they used it so religiously I decided the place wasn’t for me.

So yeah. I hate raider.

I think you already can do that.

Then the people check your raider IO, see that you don’t do it/block it, then decide not to have you in the group right away.

I never understood the elitism myself, until I read that the stupid mythic things are TIMED. Then I kind of understood. The person wants to get their “timed” thing done, without just continually failing. So Raider IO exists because of what Blizzard did in the first place.

I don’t like it, but then again I won’t ever do that content.

Let me ask you this, if your score was already horrible why would I even question inviting you at all if you had no score? Not to mention you can already hide your score if it bothers you that much. Also they’ll never ban the addon because without the addon mythic+ dies. If M+ dies their sub count tanks because there’s nothing else to do int his game.

IO is required as long as titanforging is in the game and that’s a fact.

That’s why it’s so toxic to PVE

Well there’s a fat, ringing endorsement to keep on playing.

What in the actual FARK is going on with this game anymore?

1 Like

Remember when you had to be somewhat skilled to get that gear to have that item level? Yeah… These days with the insane amount of raid-level (or above) gear that can be obtained without ever needing to acknowledge another player that just isn’t feasible.

You can set your history to private already. What that indicates to others though is that your score is SO bad that you’re not willing to let anyone see it. You will get fewer invites if you hide your score.

Make friends, join a guild or suck it up.

You still can. That said I can’t think of who will be in there to respond, as everyone I know has both /general and /trade turned off permanently.

I guarantee you it isn’t because we aren’t carrying people through dungeons, or because we aren’t spending two hours spamming a chat channel for a group.

3 Likes

Your name is perfect for your post, lol.

I remember a simpler time

I’m sure this has been said a few times but raider io came out of necessity for the pug world. For those of us with guilds or friends we can usually hop into a group to get our weekly done easy and know each other’s abilities. In a pug you have no idea how good someone is, and as content becomes more demanding of people and their competency, there needs to be SOME reassurance of a players ability. ilvl no longer does that as anyone can get 400 ilvl easier without even raiding as some posters have proved, or even our alts just keeping up with the base game. With no indication people are forced to look at a person’s history with the content and raider io shows when and how dungeons were completed.

Don’t blame raider io. Blame dungeons demanding better play. Blame the completely botched gearing system in BfA. Blame the game for not teaching people the basics in the base content like interrupting, target swapping or moving out of bad. Raider io is a reaction to the current environment, not the cause of it.

5 Likes

you seem like a reasonable and not at all immature person

Anyone think Classic WoW isnt going to have something similar.People wanna know who they are playing with now a days. Its pretty simple to understand. Play with people at your level and have fun.

since m+ became an esport its here to stay through out wow and wont go away neither will raider io.’

we can either accept it and not care or jump through the hoops.m+ and raider io isnt going anywhere sadly.

Honestly, the dungeons do a pretty good job of showing mechanics, and slowly making them more and more threatening. The problem comes in when you have players that quickly out gear the tutorial content and feel they have surpassed it before they took the time to learn it.

4 Likes

oh yea, the pacing is all off too, and its not just an issue with leveling but even the pacing of endgame. The issue comes from how they’re so worried about people feeling like they will be left behind or won’t get instantly gratified that they end up undermining a lot of their own systems. You see it with leveling and you see it with gear at max level. WoW’s issues are not simplistic but rather interwoven with ripple effects.

Personally I think the mentality of making the base content ‘too easy to fail’ ends up making players sloppy. I know when I’m playing a game and I reach a level or map thats too easy, I lose focus and get sloppy and start making a lot more mistakes because I don’t have to try. Issue is as developers they need to be okay with some people struggling. Otherwise you’ll get the player dynamic we have now where people are blaming ‘elitists’ for not letting them in despite having the gear.

1 Like

I think IO is “just a tool” in the same way that C21H23NO5 is “just a chemical”.

It puts players in the unenviable position of being able to ravage or build their own community and they seem to be much better at one than the other.

That said, its here and no one is going to get rid of it. So, if you want past the gatekeepers there is only one way. Get in it and build up that score.

You can still be terrible, but if you have the score then you can get the groups. Nothing has really changed. You have a starting line and the cool kids get to make you start there.

Just do it. You don’t really have a choice if you want to be as cool as them. You are not getting through the gate otherwise.

There isn’t much more to debate about it.

As a side note, how hilarious is it when IO flips a cog and loses people’s scores making them start over as well? See, THEN it’s a problem. THEN we want to link to our armory and find work-arounds because I can’t be stuck back here with all these normals.

IO is here to stay. It’s the most effective discrimination tool available. Might as well learn to work with it.

Sorry.