★ PSA: Void Elf Paladins are justified in the Lore ★

There are High Elf and Blood Elf Paladins and Blood Elves became Void Elves.

But also keep in mind, Blood Elves were “Stealing the Light” all through burning Crusades.

Me too but that ships sailed. Void Elves are now both High Elves and Void Elves.

Would be nice if they’d change the name plate to Elf and let us toggle entropic Embrace at this point. Then just keep on keeping on.

It’s always interesting to see how much damage this Void Elf idea of theirs has caused to the Alliance-players. It’s one of the those topics which where people are so upset and so angry with the developers that they grant them step by step everything they want to.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I hadn’t even thought about that but you’re right! The nerve of some of these folk lol!

4 Likes

Plus High Elves (and for the purpose of this discussion, I’m talking about High Elves led by Vereesa) are still active as recent as BfA. They are involved in the Battle for Stromgarde and Battle at the Gates of Orgrimmar. So I agree that this isn’t something unreasonable to ask for.

But there’s a couple of things I would like to see:

1). Blizz needs to help us understand what is the current relationship between High Elves and Void Elves. Are they inter-mingling? Are they weary of each other? This would help people to understand to what degree their High Elf version of Void Elf works within the lore.

2). What is their stance on why a percentage of High Elves are still actively part of the Alliance, but not fully incorporated as a playable race? In a way this can be pretty cruel to High Elf fans, and not having certainty in this is why this issue has been going on for years.

3). Also how are they going to develop Void Elves even with the inclusion of High Elves? This is strongly linked to 1 as well, because if they choose to see both races as 1, then it needs to be given the proper art style, aesthetic, tabards, mounts, etc… that can satisfy both groups like how they did with Bronzebeard and Wildhammer clans, whereby even though they are ‘1 race’ we know how distinct they are and how it doesn’t actually take away from each other.

4 Likes

I could go for a whole expansion that is like, “What are the Blood Elves doing after 15 years? What are the High Elves doing after 15 years? What are the humans doing after 15 years?”

Just throw down some bronze dragons and update Azeroth.

1 Like

I hope they focus equally and just as much on Dark Iron Dwarves, Wildhammer Dwarves, Draenei, Orcs, Tauren, Goblins, Forsaken, and gnomes as they do on Elves and Humans.

I hope Blizzard remembers this is World of Warcraft. Not “Elf & Humans of Warcraft”.

Honestly this relies on whether or not Blizzard continues to push marketing towards younger generation, or decide to double down on their core/original demographic.

WoW is a boomer game, bunch of nerdies that loved LOTR. Blizzard needs to remember that.

There are plenty of new gen kids who like Tolkienesque fantasy still.

But Blizzard isn’t going to forget that because they’re in the game. Just sharing some /s humor with fear.

1 Like

I only saw about 10 blood elves going to study the void and we ended up with an army soooo…? I say anything goes at this point.

1 Like
1 Like

I understand. but think about this for a minute? As grateful as I am for the High Elven customizations on Void Elves, at the end of the day, we’re still Void Elves. Adding Paladins to Void Elves really isn’t justified by the lore, because the Void is apart of our DNA. And it feels ridiculous requesting for a class that doesn’t really make sense on an entity that has opposite magic.

Ok then? So what if it is a Pro High Elf fan? Someone such as myself?

1 Like

How about we stop trying to let every race of every faction do everything so we can maintain some uniqueness between them?

1 Like

Alternatively, unique class skins that play the same as existing classes. I’d say that would maintain uniqueness.

1 Like

That would be interesting.

If Blizzard ever does allow Void Elves to be Paladins, I hope that either by default their abilities are blue-black void color like their racial or, at the very least, there’s some sort of glyph or other option to make all your paladin abilities that color.

That’s the thing, isn’t it?

If you want to play an Alliance High Elf and are using the customization, then… you don’t consider yourself a Void Elf.

They put High Elf customizations on Void Elves. The Art director said it was so you could be a High Elf. So… that’s where we’re at. It’s just a consequence of how they added High Elves to the game.

But beyond that, the best Mythic tank right now is a protection paladin and the best mythic healers are tons and tons of holy paladins.

Also… Holy Priest Void Elves exist whether people want them to or not. So that genie is already out of the bottle.

Let me ask you this: How would Blizzard then implement the Paladin class on the High Elf customizations without destroying the 1 sentence lore of the Void Elves who are infused with the Void?

2 Likes

Same way you deal with Holy Priest Void Elves. You ignore it. People who are customizing their characters to look like High Elves are deciding they’re High Elves. Hence the reason entropic embrace toggle is requested frequently.

If people are going to argue that because your name plate says Void Elf that you’re a void elf, well… then, read the class Holy Priest. You can’t just decide that everything in the game that is visible is concrete and then say something else isn’t.

That’s all there is to it. It was always a problem with adding High Elves through the Void Elf platform. But also at this point even if they made a High Elf toggle, Void Elf fans would be upset if they couldn’t make someone with purple skin and golden hair.

Would you be ok with them taking customizations away if it meant there was a High Elf race that was seperate? They can’t take it back now. It’s too late.

In Lore, the Void Elf Priest would be Shadow Priest. They aren’t Holy or Disc. But since you can’t lock out 2 specs from a certain race when accessing a class, this makes a pretty bad argument, considering Paladin is nothing but Light.

5 Likes

Blizzard isn’t worried about lore.

They’re worried too many people will leave the Horde and wreck the healthy endgame communities the Horde has right now.

The argument is, the Alliance needs some help. The endgame communities are weak. Throw us a bone. Maybe it will start to bring the “elite” to the Alliance for some endgame.

This entire discussion should have nothing to do with lore. The lore is easily manipulated and is very very flexible.