★ PSA: Void Elf Paladins are justified in the Lore ★

The very OP listed Danuser’s words.

There’s just one question: If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles, how are they an Allied Race? Where do the numbers come from?”

“They start out as a small group,” (The first Void Elves) Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process.” (more Elves getting transformed into the Void - thus, creating more Void Elves.)

-Steve Danuser, Lead Narrative Designer for World of Warcraft

This replies to these three quotes and most of your post. It has everything to do with the Void Elves. It’s the reason we have pink skin and normal hair, Elves coming to study the Void.

We have Thalassian Elves studying the Void and trying to undergo a transformation similar to the one of the Void Elves. Not Silver Covenant High Elves.

It has everything to do with the Void Elves. People are trying ot bring a Paladin class to a race who is Void or getting transformed into Void Elves. This is like getting a Life base race and asking to add a Warlock class on them.

Game mechanics. You can’t add one spec and remove the others. As simple as that.

I am not playing both sides. I admit HE Paladins can be possible. My point is that they are not needed to “complete the fantasy” and, more importantly, because the Elves we have are Ren’dorei. Elves who come wanting the Void. Paladins won’t come wanting the Void.

But this isn’t an anime where children save the world, as stupid as it sounds. The model is very good for what it should be. (edit, herp-derp)

You can look bit younger and have better eyebrows than Anduin at least. But if you really want to play a young male, then stay at Void Elves. Humans are supposed to be men, not youngsters.

Current male human model looks like they popped a photo in microsoft paint and stretched it out horizontally they look dumb as hell.

The average body builder don’t even look like that lmao, they put muscle textures over an obese human.

No, it doesn’t. So why are these other Elves fair skinned or having different hair colors?

Their literal explanation for their addition by their art director is so that you can play a High Elf fantasy.

So you’re basically in the group saying that Wildhammer Dwarves aren’t playable. Or Forest Trolls, etc.

There are no playable forest trolls. Just Trolls with green skin that look like forest trolls. :rofl:

It doesn’t matter because you can play a Holy Priest on a Void Elf. Simple as that.

That doesn’t matter because that’s not where fair skinned Void Elves are coming from. According to the art director, it’s so you can play some High Elves.

Entropic Embrace pops, your nameplate says Void Elves… But I seem to remember some poster saying…

For real, dude. You have the lead narrative designer saying the reason we have pink skin is because High Elves and Blood Elves joined to study the Void and try to be transformed.

And you are turning this into “Oh so these Elves who came to study the Void and be transformed by the Void can be Paladins!”

Are you serious?

Nevermind. Agree to disagree, we will go nowhere.

1 Like

Void elf paladins are being held back on purpose by Blizzard. They are trying to control the migration of players. It’s fine. It’s normal. Imagine if they gave dark rangers to the Horde.

I think this is rather a demographic situation. Younger people want to play themselves in a high fantasy setting. I actually started to appreciate the old-looking characters because it feels more natural. The High/Void-elves really fit the niche of the beautiful, young all-can-do people and I think that’s good enough for this game.

What’s with you thinking Thalassian models are for the “young” bro step into a gym sometime, being 30+ doesn’t give you an excuse to let yourself go like that.

Again, male human model rn is just an obese human with spray paint muscle texture, they’re an absolute joke

That’s contradicted by the art director and not the reason why. The question is why aren’t Void Elves, “A Crack Squad.” because they shouldn’t have any numbers.

Yeah man, because you’re misusing a Steve Danuser quote to pretend like High Elf options, that the lead art director told you why they were there, is explaining it.

His quote only tells you why Void Elves aren’t like 4 guys.

4 Likes

Thalassian models are like… the only naturally obtainable body style in the first place. Maybe male Draenei above the knee.

1 Like

This is not the point here.
You can make yourself young as a human character but not teenager-young. The options are there and perhaps they add a bit more faces in the future - but this obsession with playing a very young character is so weird for me these days. Maybe they even throw in a body mass slider, who knows.

I’m sort of like… Let me play a human with a face that wasn’t hit with a brick.

Also I’ve been around the sun a few times and I look like a Thalassian model. Not a teenager.

1 Like

The art director and Steve Danuser’s quote are not contradictive in the slightest.

Art director said the customization are so we can play High Elves. Good! Danuser said the Void Elf numbers are bigger now because we HIGH ELVES joined to STUDY the Void.

We have High Elves, what you are denying to accept is that the High Elves we have:

Are
Studying
The
Void

Not Silver Covenant Paladins.

And if you think the reason Blizzard didn’t just add Shadow Priests on the Void Elves because that’s a hint for High Elf Paladins, then like I said, it’s better to agree to disagree, because I find this to be stretching things elastic man level.

3 Likes

Again what is your obsession with thalassians being “young” characters. You’re acting like the average older person that takes care of themselves don’t got a frame like that.

Human models don’t look “older,” they look like a dude who eats too many nachos with spray paint abbs.

You’re adding your own opinion in.

Danuser told us that we don’t have 4 guys. “A crack squad.”

Art director said you can play a High Elf.

You’re going this extra step that’s, “High Elves joined the Void Elves.”

No.

Get me that Developer quote.

I think they would work better with an identity tag system.
I am for removing all race/class restrictions. Let us play what we want. So many races lack good classes or fun specs that are so exclusive to few races.

Dark Naaru Paladins would also be cool imo. If we ever get class skins.

I’m a thallasian elf model in real life. A little more leg day. =P I’ve been around four decades. That’s just a, “Hey I didn’t do steroids, drink or smoke.” body and face.

2 Likes

I think we are speaking two different languages here.

Here is the quote:

“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

The link is on the OP. First post.

Tell me what this has to do with Paladin. Don’t tell me similar interest (which is VOID) has to do with being a Paladin.

1 Like