“Embrace the Shadow”

“To preserve our world we must face the Shadow together.”

Any signs of unlife from the Forsaken this expansion?

2 Likes

I doubt it. :person_shrugging:
It’ll either be Void Elves or Human Potential most likely.

11 Likes

No, I think the void elves stole shadow magic from everyone else and now completely monopolize it.

19 Likes

Forsaken not specifically, but there is some sightings of some light infused zombies in some zones. So undeath lore will be expanded upon i’m sure

2 Likes

Voss appears at some point

3 Likes

Yes, Voss is helping the Night elves against the Druids of the Flame. :world_map::robot:

…Summermoon is likely staying. :8ball::robot:

2 Likes

Voss has a part in TWW as well. She is sort of the go to person for sneaky stuff as Shandris is on ice for while with DF ending.

5 Likes

What I have heard is the Kobyss are threatening the Arathi with necromancy. Curious if there’ll be some free willed undead. :8ball::robot:

3 Likes

Necromancy is a branch of Shadow/void magic. The Forsaken are the embodiment of this school of magic. I hope they don’t miss the opportunity to get fleshed out again.

4 Likes

They changed that in Shadowlands. Any magic can do necromancy now because reasons.

13 Likes

I get why the void can do it but holy zombies are just stupid. Calia is stupid.

15 Likes

They basically turned necromancy into a bundle of techniques which can use any sort of magic you want as the battery. Plug in a spooky Maldraxxus battery, you get the scourge. Plug in red dragon magic, you get Bolvar. Plug in the Light, you get Calia.

2 Likes

I thought Bolvar never actually died, the dragonfire just kept him from dying without actually healing the painful disfiguration from the blight. More like life support than resurrection.

16 Likes

Christie Golden killed them. :frowning:

8 Likes

Calia won’t be the only light undead for long.

That doesn’t make it better, you know…

6 Likes

Well, If the ship has sailed already, may as well take the opportunity.

I disagree. One stupid light zombie can be easily memory-holed. A whole battalion of stupid light zombies are not so easy.

5 Likes

You said a battalion of light infused zombies(the concept is crazy to me), I don’t even want to know wth you’re talking about.

They should call it something else in that case. Necromancy seems very specific to shadow and death magic. I was a little uneasy about out the human potential in Natalie but I can live it, if the Forsaken(being the Cults biggest following) can get some development. This would be the perfect time.

1 Like

Just responding to Madhronir’s hypothesis that more like Calia are coming and that they “may as well take the opportunity” to have more of them since “the ship has sailed already.”

1 Like