“A Wolf in Wolves Clothing”: Grobbulus Fan Fiction Chapter 13 “Rats in a Hole, Final Boss"*

The party dismounted their griffins at Cenarion Hold.

Taurenpunter said, looking out over the bug and rat infested landscape, “That’s the weird thing about Silithus, you dig a hole and it fills with bugs and rats.”

“So this is Cenarion Hold huh,” Missin said.

“Yep,” Taurenpunter said, “Cenarion Hold, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious, this place wasn’t built for this capacity. Be prepared for ganking and griefing.”

Dale drew his [Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood] and surveyed the landscape from the griffin perch, “Bugs and rats for days, gross place.”

The party walked down and into Cenarion Hold, repaired their gear, and gathered inside by the exit.

“Ok, go quick from here, see that mage, Qui, up there looking at you,” Taurenpunter pointed behind him, “that is a pyroblast he is queueing up, we can’t linger.”

The party mounted and headed out followed by a large ball of fire locked on Taurenpunter, RESIST! No damage.

And off they went to Hive’Zora and the caves beneath.

On the edge of Hive’Zora the party dismounted.

“We are about to enter a space where faction means nothing, Alliance, Horde, they are all rats as far as I’m concerned. When the stakes get high, when power is up for grabs, negotiations begin, treaties are drawn up and broken, collusion is the name of the game,” Taurenpunter said.

“Will we have to fight our way through?” Missin asked.

“Yes,” Taunrepunter said, “and there are a few mini-bosses, Foozie and Yuumi and Barnybee and a final boss, Bigdealbone, all rat-like creatures, deformed by collusion, they call them ‘Scarab Lords’, they block the way to the tunnels that extend to Orgrimmar. We will have to kill them and anything else we encounter along the way. Trust no one, stay close, watch your back.”

“You see these daggers,” Shin said, “I call them the rat poisoners.”

The party descended swirling downward into the dark, dirty hole bored by the worker bugs and beaten smooth by the rats. Down they went, deeper into the earth, the temperature stabilized, no wind, no light, the only sounds a distant humming of wings and the crunching of rat claws skittering across carapace fragments.

*Note to reader, Chapter 12 “Burning Grobb, Tanaris on Fire” got me forum banned for awhile due to NSFW content (it was a justified ban and I accepted it). Chapter 12 can be found on the WoW Classic Grobbulus Subreddit where I also post “A Wolf in Wolves Clothing.” Thanks for reading! Love you!

Chapter 13 can be read on Reddit at: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grobbulus/comments/imk95j/a_wolf_in_wolves_clothing_grobbulus_fan_fiction/