What is Up with this Strafe Bug! (can't strafe)

I’ve had this and the camera bug when phasing in to a dungeon as well. Very annoying when /reload doesn’t always work.

Strafe bug still happening, old world is completely off limits to me now. when I go to Org or any other old content it bugs out. Also I don’t know if others experience this or not but flying mounts outside of DF cannot fly up using space bar. Blizz should worry about fixing this issue along with the combo point bug thats been here since pre patch and dont get me started on the Shadow Step server disconnects.

logging onto another character solved this issue for me

So I, like many others on this post had the same frustrating issue happen, I messed around with it for 3 hrs trying to resolve it. I knew it had something to do with Keybinds. And I believe I have solved it. I had multiple buttons on my Dragonriding bar that I would use to dismount so I could get to murdering in pvp. I am assuming everyone here has “Q” and “E” on their DR action bar utilized, which is the default keybinds for strafe. When you dismount using an ability, for some reason the code isnt recognizing that you’re off the dragon, so its getting a null value thats correlated to the DR action bar which isnt there. Dont reset Keybinds, dont delete addons, or enable/disable. this doesnt work. Remove all actions from the DR action bar, then completely reset wow. then when you get back it should be fixed, but moving forward, when you land, DONT use any other button to dismount except “Dismount” or the same keybind used to mount up. This issue hasnt happened again since I did this. I hope this helps everyone. Because without strafe for those who use it, it feels nearly impossible to play the game.

2 Likes

do /reload

This keeps happening to me, it’s dragon flying related I’m sure, sometimes I can’t strafe and will then dc.

Very buggy.

I had this happen to me.
The steps I tried:

• /reload - Didn’t work
  • Close and Restart WOW - Didn’t work
  • Remapped keybindings - Didn’t work
  • Logged into a secondary character, then re-logged into my main character - WORKED

So it appears it’s probably a cached data issue and changing characters must clear the cache’d data.

5 Likes

The solution for the no strafe a few posts up is absolutely on point. Also, I’ve dealt with major bugs when landing on rocks or structure, and DC’n, which is basically what happens when you leave the map (which is what the game thinks is happening), repeated crashes will occur to the point you have to use the unstuck service, which sucks. I figured out a way to get out of this loop of crashes. When you are logging back into the game after this happens, spam a movement action, in my case I fel rush. There is a 1/2 a sec window that allows you to give the game a command before it crashes again. This movement action will push you out of this loop. It works every time I do it now which is a massive time saver.

Just had the strafe bug happen to me. I was dragonriding, hit a rock and DC’d – when I logged back in and got off my dragon, I could no longer strafe.

Changing keybinds didn’t work but I took the suggestion above and logged out, and then logged in on another character. When I logged back in on the bugged character she could strafe again.

2 Likes

Also experiencing this bug

The only fix is log on to another character and then log back

I had it yesterday and relogging seemed to fix it. Also while you’re fixing this garbage blizzard fix the titles constantly resetting randomly off my character.

Just got it today, so bad, I have reset all the settings and it didnt work.

Thank you!! Can confirm /camp fixed this for me. I was rebooting my damn pc to resolve this every time lol.

Any word on a fix for this from blizz? Seems to be related to dragonriding, last time it happened to me was after I dced while dragonriding. Logged in after dc and strafe keys didn’t work. Had to exit the game and re-launch for them to work again, probably the 3rd or 4th time it’s happened to me. Exiting the game seems to always fix it as long as you allow the full 20 seconds for your character to log out and don’t just relaunch immediately.

Had this twice. Work around right now:

Log out. Close wow. Close the Bliz launcher. Reopen everything. Should be good.

It’s VERY annoying.

Hey, all the good developers may be gone, but at least the ones left are sensitive to diversity, inclusion and equity!

1 Like

Hopefully they can add a cash shop item that fixes this.

1 Like

my character can do nothing but strafe at times - I think that community feast is messing things up for me though

It comes from a flubbup with the mechanics and Dragon Riding. That’s why getting back on your Dragon can fix it.

It makes for very frustrating gaemplay when you can’t use the Dragon to correct it like in an instance/BG. Worse than that for me is when you can’t turn the camera normally with A and D. Character will turn but camera won’t follow, extremely bad thing when PvP is going on.

1 Like