The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

This isn’t about whose right or wrong.

It’s about a small collection of players bumping a thread for no real reason.

3 Likes

I don’t care one way or the other about this but I really don’t think the alt posting thing happens near as often as some of you think it does.

2 Likes

Coming in to support this thread too. Incredibly upset that I’m waking up to find the other thread gone.

7 Likes

This’ll probably go the same way.

1 Like

Yeah, kthnxbai.

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity
5 Likes

You are also aware that it is against the rules to post a thread about a topic that was just deleted in order to start it up again? Last post on this topic already got the other poster bannned. They were posting all over these forums nonstop and as soon as their thread got deleted, I haven’t seen them posting anywhere here for hours now and the last half month of their posts got deleted as well. These threads keep getting reported by people because they are spam.

8 Likes

well its been an hour. it is becoming exhausting seeing this exact topic being posted in a new thread every single day.

i dunno why op couldnt just comment in 1 of the 10,000 other threads that were created since the new year instead of making a whole new thread on the same topic.

5 Likes

At this point these threads are spam and should be flagged and moved on from.

7 Likes

It’s also irony that this person is posting on their alt toon when they were complaining about people who post on their alts earlier.

7 Likes

I agree that this thread was unnecessary. But you should probably be aware that if someone enables the “only show character achieves” in-game, it will translate to the forums. I’m not saying that’s what’s happened here. But it does mean you can’t take it for granted that you’re actually seeing all their achievements.

1 Like

What is the point. People have made it there clear goal to target and harass already just within the thread alone, so what is the point.

1 Like

Your thread is spam. Reporting it or calling it spam isn’t harassment. Carry on.

6 Likes

Yeah, tell me this isn’t harassment.

Also, bet you didn’t report the thread also created by a person who disagree’d when the other thread was up. Was that thread also spam?

5 Likes

“A person” should be the wording used then. The person with the “irony” claim also isn’t harassing you especially if what they said is accurate.

I don’t see every thread on these forums and you are free to report spam threads also. Making another thread about this when you clearly agree that the topic deserves to be flagged as spam isn’t an argument in your thread’s favor.

I made the same point during the wave of threads about this a few weeks ago, your thread is only up because people that favor this idea don’t report it, while they consistently flag the threads against it.

1 Like

No. It is considered spam when the same exact topic already exists and the same topic is reposted in another thread, that is also considered “bumping” the conversation. Bumping became a punishable offense and so the /10 char posts came because of that as now that word in your OP made simply for that purpose can lead to suspension.

Be more original and make an OP that isn’t a FOTM discussion that you made simply because you knew it would boost your post count and help raise your trust level… having a flagged post removed lowers your trust level. Happens enough then you will get an auto ban from the forums that is now across every single Blizzard forum. They made this change during legion.

3 Likes

First of all, I have never accused you of posting on an alt toon. You said in the other thread that the faction change reset your post count, and my reply was, “unless you have done a name change or a server change, a faction change alone will never reset your post count.” In which you have gone ahead and accused me of calling you a liar and etc.

Stop spreading lies around over something false.

plenty of threads on this already - you have been rightly flagged and no I don’t want this.

blizzard actually intended on using bnet tags when they made this new forum but people complained they didn’t want them so blizzard went to the trouble of getting the software company to make it character specific. I actually see no compelling reason why they should change at this point in time.

It really doesn’t matter if people sock puppet, when people troll and spam on this forum and those are probably more concerning problems.

3 Likes

5 Likes

You’ve made your choice to keep playing hot potato.

1 Like

Not what happened. I told you multiple times that my name was changed. You refused to listen. I told you my post count got reset to zero. You are the one who is posting on an alt here while I am not.

1 Like