Customer Support and Appeals

First time posting on the forums,

I have spent the last year or so, off and on player WoW TBC. Since Phase 2 came out, the time I spent playing has drastically increased. This is also where I first got introduced to GDKP’s. During this phase, I had an alt who I wanted to gear, and GDKP’s seemed the easiest way. The times for a lot of them didn’t work out for me, so I hosted my own. About a month or two into hosting them I was a banned. The response I received was for getting gold for illicit activities. Now, I have never bought gold before. I know some people may see this, and see me whining on here because I bought gold and got banned, but I honestly have never bought gold before. Now come to today, where I am trying to get in contact with blizzard support just to get a more confirmed reason on why I was banned, they give me an automatic response ignoring my questions saying my appeal was denied. I followed up, and got greeted without a message that said any further inquiries into this situation would be declined. Do you think Blizzard made a mistake and are too afraid to admit it, or just won’t look into it because they can’t be bothered? Is there anything further I could do to try to prove myself, or do I just have to suffer from their incompetence?

“I am asking for a confirmation. I have received information that I received gold from a “hacker” account. There are people that buy gold on this game, I am not one of them however. I have been doing GDKP’s. These are not against the terms of service. Do you know what these are? People trade gold and bid for items. I however as a Raid leader collect the gold, and then split it amongst everyone in the raid. I don’t know why I would be held liable against all others, and receive a 14 day ban when one of the people who traded me the gold was not banned. Also, considering this point I have traded all that gold into even splits to everyone else. I am hoping you will not remove all my gold, as I trade daily between my two characters which are on different accounts. My other account has the username *****, and the name in game for specific character is ******. I have been subscribing on two accounts and running these GDKP’s for the last month or two. There are plenty of other guilds, and groups that run GDKP’s, but they have not received a ban for gold buyers being in their raids. There is no way to confirm if someone is a gold buyer as a player, and I didn’t not give anybody any real life monetization for the items I provided to them or received. I can confirm this with bank records, and paypal information. This is as far as I am willing to go for this situation. There are gold buyers all over GDKP’s at a whole, you should be more proactive at disabling their accounts, and not punishing the honest players who host raids to make gold, and farm daily. I have put massive amounts of time into the game, and to be greeted with the automated response of “The ban will not be overturned” is unacceptable. Blizzard shouldn’t do this to their loyal players who don’t cheat, if you do this you won’t be able to retain the population who subscribes to this game. Just from me alone would be 30 dollars, of loss, plus the other players this has happened to. Normally, I have seen on forums the bans for these offenses which I have not committed is only 3 days. So the punishment for an innocent player is now 14 days of lost time.”
"
Kudaraphax
Greetings,

This penalty has already been upheld. Any further requests on this topic will not be reviewed.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
"

Posting here will not do anything. They will not come here to take any information from you whatsoever. The appeal is not a means for you to tell your side its so a fresh set of eyes can look at the evidence and either uphold it or let you know a mistake was made.

4 Likes

Kneanderthal is correct.

When an appeal is submitted, they are reviewed. Templates are used for responses, that does not mean it wasn’t reviewed.

If you’ve already gotten to the point that you are being told no further reviews will be done, then multiples have already been completed - with the same result.

6 Likes

Just to let you know, the forums isn’t an alt means to get around the ticketing system, nor is this a place to plea one’s case as the blues here has no power or means to overturn an account action. More to the point, talking about account actions on said forums is disallowed/

More of a question, rather than appealing the ban, I’m asking if there is anything further I can do? Live Customer Service is not available at all, and I would just like them to tell me the day that this “transaction” happened. If anyone knows of a way, would appreciate it.

Not doable - the folks whom review the appeals don’t handle life chat and the folks who handle said appears don’t go into details on dates, times, when/where. Nothing more can be done and trying to get details from them isn’t really going to happen.

Damn that sucks, It really sucks to get banned for something you didn’t have control of. I guess subscribing doesn’t really mean much to them lol.

Were you advertising your runs using in-game chat other than the trade channel? If so, that might have been the issue as there was a change somewhat recently to disallow any kind of advertising for these sorts of runs anywhere other than Trade chat.

3 Likes

I was using that, but I wasn’t banned for that. I had received the message that I had given a hacker account monetary value for their gold. Also, I didn’t advertise of selling items in the LFG chat, I did it to fill spots in the raid runs as I was looking for people.