Bagslots empty and lose replacements

After the Dragonflight pre-patch, I logged in and found my bagslots empty. My inventory was full, and I got a message that “Your inventory is full. Make room in your bags to receive any missing items.”
Followed the missing bags/items support info. Refreshed the UI (renamed Cache, Interface, and WTF folders), removed ALL addons, logged out, put other bags into the (now) empty slots, and logged back in.
Those showed up at the login, and I continued this until the message went away, forcing inventory into open bank space.
Logged back out and came back 6 hours later (Blizz support suggests 1 hour). THOSE bags were now gone and I have the same message again.
My bagslots are eating bags.

I’m currently down Papa’s Mint Condition Bag, 3 32 slot shadowlands bags, and 4 old bags I had in the bank that I used to transfer my ‘missing’ inventory.

The only thing left in their suggestions is to delete and undelete the character and hope for it to work, which I’m reluctant to do not only because… well… deleting is ominous, but because following their instructions has so far cost me even more bags and the problem remains.

Also, the submit ticket function isn’t working and even the bug report is telling me I can’t submit it. Nice little pink box that says “You can’t submit this ticket. An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.”

I wouldn’t do that at the moment.

File a bug report here on the forum.

5 Likes

was there ever a fix for this?

How on earth one thread gets necro’ed when there is a more recent one up is beyond me some days.

There really isn’t a fix, per se. It’s a graphic issue. They’re usually still there and will just reappear at random. Despite other peoples’ “fix” of buying new bags to swap in, they just kind of come back on their own. But please do submit a report on the Bug Report forum so the Devs can make note that it’s an issue.

just replying and searching for answers sadly, mine seems to be a different issue. my bags are completely deleted and im receiving a pop up error asking me to equip bags to receiver items. as if the game just deleted my bags

Yes… several MONTHS later, blizz was able to MANUALLY fix this for me. They mailed me back everything… including the several dozen bags I’d picked up to be able to play the game over that time.
It wasn’t a graphical issue as others have stated… just a bug that took far too long to be squashed.

So, good news.
Bug eventually got fixed. Turns out it was not just a graphical issue, but a legit bug that needed scrubbing. ALL my inventory was mailed back to me, by blizz, manually… including the several dozen bags I’d picked up along the way just to be able to play the game.