Normal Quest now all Heroic Difficulty levels

My units are all around 16-18th levels. Add in the Dungeon modifiers and they are at 20, most with no talents yet. Normal quests now have units being played at breakneck speed, without the game harvesting gold and most using Blue or Epic talents systems as well as high cost abilities and units being deployed immediately. This is so much that even using my best mini’s, I can no longer even complete normal green level quests. An example is the current green quests I attempt, no matter when one of the three option I pick, the enemy unit will play Stonehoof, Pyromancer and Huntress immediately. This is immediately followed up with a Living Bomb, Blizzard, another Huntress and Earth Elemental at my base. There is no pause in their build up of resources as it is a continuous stream of enemy units/spells being played that overwhelm whatever I attempt to play and can no longer clear just normal quests. What changed and why as I do not see anything in patch notes that indicates a change at this level.

1 Like

Hi Brax.
Have you tried to play with low level commanders?

If you have 18 lvl minis BUT your comander is 20, you will start to play versus lvl 20 enemies. But if you play with lvl 20 minis but lvl 12 commander, you will fight versus lvl 12 minis. This should work in upgrade lvl and arclight missions.

@Vicebreaker
Your commander lvl doesnt affect AI mini’s lvl. The only commander affects is win-lose streak which is unique for every commander (not minis).
@BraxKedren
If you have problems with quests (AI’s average lvl can go +3-4 lvls) - make a lose streak, and you will see that AI’s minis will start to decrease. In simple words - just lose like 20 games in a row (lose, not surrender. it means you start a battle, do nothing until AI will destroy your core, repeat). The lowest you can get is aproximately 3-4 lvl lower than your average minis lvl. Remember each win will encrease AI’s minis lvl and each lose will decrease it. With all that said and what i mentioned in the beginning - it is unique for every commander. Enjoy farming easy quests =)

that’s all wasted time losing 20 times in a row. Better to use a new mini to change tactics and it will go much faster.

Fritschi2182
If you enjoy doing daily quests with enemy 4 lvl above you - it’s you choice. Change minis, tactics, pray to God of Random etc. If you want to prove yourself that you are OmegaPlayer - do as you like. But unfortunately some of us prefer easy mode except hardcore mode, so losing couple games once in a while - it’s not a waste of time what so ever.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to show that I am or should be an omega player. I think it’s the easier way to exchange the minis than to lose them 20 times. I didn’t have good minis from the start either, etc. but replacing them makes it quicker. How he does it is up to him. From me it would be more of a tip.

As I mentioned before minis have nothing to do with that, but just your leader. For example - with the same minis and the same level of your heros the level of AI will be different. Bringinf AI lvl 4 lvls down takes approximately 5 minutes (depends on the quest). If you really consider that waste of time - well, I guess you are very busy person =) Also replacing your minis means that you will have a huge possibility to pump experience not to the minis you want to level up.