Negative Gold Bug

In addition to a description of the bug you are reporting, please provide:

• Device Type: Samsung
  • Device Model: S+
  • Device Operating System: Android
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: Latest

So I understand that Blizzard is frustrated because of the ArcLight Surge bug. I am a game developer as well, but when there is a problem with YOUR DEV PROCESS, you have no right to blame and penalize the paying customers.

I have played Warcraft, WoW, StarCraft, Hearthstone, and now Warcraft Rumble. I have played many of these games for years and have made in game purchases in many of them.

Now, because of an issue with in game currency (I have -2500 gold) I will no longer play or support any Blizzard game unless this is resolved and apologies are made.

Imagine something like this happening in any other industry. The company makes a mistake with a product, customers find said mistake, and the company then penalizes or punishes the customers.

Blizzard, you used to be great. What happened? I am fully jumping on the FrostGate bandwagon with all of the devs that got out when you traded quality content for greed.

39 Likes

I agree. Blizzard already has a negative rep with the public and then they pull crap like this? This isn’t the result of players hacking or breaking the system, it’s the result of the Rumble dev team releasing a buggy update. No one stole in game currency, players PLAYED THE RELEASED GAME. I have never heard of a bug resulting in a player getting easier access to something in the game and the player gets penalized because the player PLAYED THE RELEASED GAME.

The players should not be penalized for the mistakes of the dev team and the individuals who DECIDED TO RELEASE A BUGGY UPDATE. At the risk of beating a dead horse, this does not improve the company’s relationship with the public.

25 Likes

I agree with you guys. I have played every blizzard game since 1995, used thousands of euros in wow and heartstone. Now my in game gold is negative because I played few hours of bugged version of this game. I didn’t make the mistake to launch it, now I feel that I’m being punished for something that isn’t my fault and I’m considering strongly leaving these games and blizzard for good.

18 Likes

He must return people gold this mistake from blizard team people dnt cheating and this is mistake from him.BLIZARD RETURN PEOPLE GOLD

6 Likes

bug x 60g = your negative balance
thats how often you played arclight while it was buged (i have a negative balance aswell, not blaming anyone here)…

more interesting point: do the first 300g count as bug aswell, or can you keep them, concidering after the patch the buged arclight deleted without replacement, at least for me.

in the case the bug starts with the first gold, the 500g compensation for the inconvenience is less:

500g - 300g for missed arclight = 200g excuse

negative balance is a fair solution. you keep your future progress you already made, and have to clear your debts before you can progress! but taking further actions is a whole different thing! i wonder how they will handle applicable law and licence agreements in different countries… they can’t treat all players the same way, concidering consumer rights are different in every country, particularly in cases in which players spent money and bought digital content!

something is entirely wrong in the digital world. developers who create digital and reproducable content (with no reproduction costs), can punish people, who are paying real money, even if the mistake is on the product side, how is that right?! i have never heard of a case otherway around, where software related damage to hardware was compansated by the developers who caused the damage…

if i buy a tesla and the autopilot software is defect and causes a crash, or the battery explodes just by regular use, the driver/consumer can’t be hold responsible for the defect product!

somehow they turned it around, so they never have to take responsibility for their own actions, followed by quality improvements in their development processes, instead they punish users for the mistakes of the players and of the devs.

something is really off track in the gaming industry, that cant be current law and can’t be right!

12 Likes

What a wonderful Christmas Gift.
Got negative Balance now. Blizzard will probably not care since I am Not a whale time to deinstall.

14 Likes

I’m agree with you. Is not my fault, I only played the game. This is totally unfair.

13 Likes

-7 420 :neutral_face: WTF
So, Blizzard want from us to uninstall the game?

16 Likes

No joke.

Something quite similar happened to a game I was working on a few years back. What did we do? We rolled back the patch/updated it immediately, then huddled up on the best course of action for the right PR and CX move.

One assistant producer suggested the route Blizz took on this - he was immediately crucified as that would assure rapid exodus of the player base and it wasn’t their fault we broke it. WE HAD TO OWN IT (and eat it) The majority of users that exploited the bug were already our power players - our promoters. They played every day throughout the day, often leaders of clans. Penalizing these players would have likely spread like toxic wildfire within the game, the reviews, and on the forums on their way out.

So we took the median amount of in-game currency players were able to exploit and boosted everyone who was under that amount (or didn’t exploit at all). We provided similar (though lower amounts) of currency/item boosts when maintenance happened, or other mistakes made by us occurred - so we treated it similar and took accountability. The top 1% of players who had a more extreme case of the exploit we gave them a week ban on events. A slap on the wrist. It wasn’t their fault, but for some of these players the exploit was EXTREME.

It didn’t break our economy and for some players, we saw an increase in their spending habits. We attributed this to them finally having a taste of having a decent cache of in-game currency and realized what they could do with it…they wanted more of that experience.

People either spend money on mobile games or they don’t. Converting someone who never spends isn’t as common or as easy as you’d think.

The reaction from Blizzard in this regard, doesn’t happen in other games with other developers. They patch it and move the —— on. But sure, penalize players for something entirely not their fault. Victim blaming is a quick way to kill your user base.

12 Likes

I agree.

3 days ago i updated the game and i was reading the arclight surge event change, but i didn’t read details. When i connected to the game, i could play arclight surge event infinitly and i thought that was the new feature of the patch. I thought that cause to an other bug, i just need to log off the game to take revenue. Now i realize that i was exploiting the bug of arclight surge, but i really don’t understand the blizzard action of negative balance.
I spent MY TIME to play for that coins, and blizzard dev are punishing me for their errors, because you permitted me to gain legally that coins…This is very very bad.

14 Likes

Stop arguing. Just deinstall and be done with it

9 Likes

They removed my gold too, including gold paid with real money. I went from 580 to -3100.
What’s the point of charging real money to buy gold if they’re just going to withdraw it?

8 Likes

You never blame a client for Your mistakes. Hire someone who can manage it properly. And fire one who f*** up. I just played the game. I didnt break aby code. Used any cheats tricks or spell. Just did regular things that YOU allowed me to do!!! If i have to take responsibility for YOUR mistakes then i demand on losing jobs to whole crew here. You are the one to blame. Happy unemployment! I paid for Your salary. No more!

11 Likes

I agree with the majority of arguments in here.
Another side of it, if you separate the obious 1% grinder exploit people:
This game is rated PG7, do Blizzard honestly beleve my 8-year old is capable of actively (by intent, or knowingly) EXPLOITING the game?

I myself did not understand what i was doing could be regarded as an EXPLOIT.
The restarting of the game was a natural course of action when the game did not react as normal.
I tried/tested many things before i concluded with it beiing some kind of bug.

I eventually found and checked the forums, where i saw many reports of the issue.
-Which is also a point, i am one of maybe 1 of 100 who actually visits a game forum.
There is no message nowhere regarding the reason for negative balance in the game.

-Blizzard player since 1996.

12 Likes

Great christmas present I am now 5k gold in debt as well for playing the game while it was buggy. Seems like I am now unable to make any progress so I guess if this won’t be changed back, I stop playing this game.

8 Likes

3 words is the solution to this gold bug “quit warcraft rumble”. Or the other solution is to deal with being treated this way by the devs.

7 Likes

A shame of Blizzard to punish players…and they are too stupid respond us. Players are used just the released version. Instead of punish players who make your game existing, blame your dev staff.
This kind of company deserve every players boycott this game :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

6 Likes

so from now on if in a game from blizzard, for example, I get a boss stuck on an obstacle, will I get a penalty? just because developers are lazy and don’t check their work. And when they find a mistake, they leave it running for almost a day. You penalize the most active player, I’m curious who will send you money when you disgusted us. well, nothing, I see that I will hand over leadership in the guild and :face_with_peeking_eye:pompously :face_with_peeking_eye: leave to play games where the players respect and the developers are able and willing to admit their mistake.:grin::grin:

6 Likes

The situation is that Blizzard is too greedy to admit its mistakes and therefore punishes all players who played the officially released version of the game. Shame on you!!! Where is that legendary company I always loved??? Looks like they exchanged own reputation for a few extra bucks(((

7 Likes

I read on their official site December 17:
“From December 26 through January 1, any player with at least 25 Sigils can claim the F.R.E.E. (For Rumblers’ Enjoyment Everywhere) Present, which comes with Minis, Coins, and XP!”
December 24, after logging in and noticing I didnt get gold from surge, I checked Blizzard’s posts and didnt see anything about this being an error. So when I logged back in, I got gold. My natural thought was the start date was a typo and they meant the F.R.E.E. gift started December 20 rather than 26.
Today, the post is deleted, a clear act of trying to hiding something and discrediting my logical conclusion.
(Edit: Blizzard deleted this post originally)
Source: WARCRAFT RUMBLE: CHAOS REIGNS IN SEASON 2 Warcraft Rumble: Chaos Reigns in Season 2 — Warcraft Rumble — Blizzard News

4 Likes