Couldn't choose a talent when upgrading a unit

When I was upgrading my Murloc Tidehunter to uncommon, it wouldn’t let me choose any of the talents, I clicked on the talents in the upgrade screen and nothing happened. So I have an upgraded unit with no talent, even when I go into more info for the unit the uncommon unlock slot is empty, when I click on it as well nothing happens.

For more info, this is my first time upgrading a unit, but second overall with my hero (Grom) being first.

In addition to a description of the bug you are reporting, please provide:

• Device Type: Galaxy S20 FE 5G
  • Device Model: SM-G781W
  • Device Operating System: Android 13
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 1.3.0
1 Like

It’s a stupid system that you have to buy a unit in thing then one will randomly drop can’t even pick one just random and you have to pay 250g for it

Same issue here, with harpies. I hit upgrade, nothing was happening. After a while the window popped and didnt ask to select a talent. Now I cant select one anymore. Its my second upgrade too and I am a little frustrated having paid for nothing.

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
SM-A526W
Android 13
Warcraft Rumble 1.4.0

1 Like

I have the same issue at the moment. I claimed Sneeds from Guild rewards, and it was apparently unlocked as uncommong to my pleasant surprise. However, I am unable to chose a talent. I have the option to buy the Miner trait for 250g in the G.R.I.D., but is this really intentional? My first hero, Grommash, has been upgraded to uncommon rather early when I started playing, so I don’t remember it too well, but I have a talent on him. I definitely did not pay 250g for that, and even more so I didn’t buy anything in the G.R.I.D. for him.

You get the talent for free the first time. The rest have to be bought for 250. It’s not a bug. The talent choice is made when you choose to buy it from the store. If you want to choose one of the other talents instead of the one available to you, don’t by it and wait for the next to appear in the shop.

2 Likes

Not true, I recently upgraded Baron Rivendare to uncommon and I had the same glitch, bought him from the store to add the final star, window came up to select the first talent, clicked- nothing happened and it just closed and now he is uncommon with an EMPTY talent slot.

1 Like

Upgraded my frostwolf shaman a second time to rare but didn’t get to chose a talent. Second talentslot is open but empty. Pls fix this problem soon!

This is happening to me on SAFE pilot. Any fixes?

1 Like

What do you mean by “chose”? You have to buy it from the grid?

Upgrading a unit is unfortunately not what gives you a talent, it only gives you the possibility to upgrade them with a talent by unlocking the talent slot (an empty one, as noticed by some people in this thread).
You then need to buy the talent from the Grid for gold - that is when it will get added to your upgraded mini.

1 Like

Well This also happened to me. I play it on my Phone and PC as virtual android … The weird thing is that on my Phone where i upgraded the unit it’s uncommon, but on the PC it’s still common and wants me to upgrade it xD stupid buggy game

I upgraded a leader (tirion fording) and i did not get the option to pick a talent. Now the leader is upgraded to uncommon but does not have any talent. Please fix this issue

• Device Type: iPhone XR and iPad Pro
  • Device Model:
  • Device Operating System: iOS For Both
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: latest version

This is the right answer, thought it’s a bug too but you get the first talent for free (and you chose freely between the three). If you read the litte ‘i’ on the talent screen it says ‘Talents can be purchased in the G.R.I.D once a mini’s talent slot is unlocked’ So you basically just unlock the slot by leveling up rarity

1 Like

Have same problem
Device type: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Device model: SM-F926B/DS

You get the first talent for free, rest you have to purchase from the G.R.I.D.
This is no bug, sadly.

1 Like

So if you get it for free, where is it? I upgraded harpies so where do I get the first talent? Is it a bug that I didn’t get it or not?

No, like the literal first leader you pick in tbe beginning of the game.

Everything else you have to buy yourself from the grid.

Intended.

you need to continue with the main campaign and you’ll get to choose a talent

I just got my 3rd STAR for Maiev Shadowsong was 2/3 then i didn’t get to choose a talents ???

You have to buy it from the grid!