Can't open Tomes

Haven’t been able to receive Tome rewards for over a week. You know, the books that, when opened, present you with two characters and you choose which one to power up. When I open a tome, nothing happens - it just consumes the tome and I get nothing. You guys owe me like 40 or 50 tomes worth of experience. The game has progressed to the point where I can no longer win because it is clearly programmed to get harder, but since I am not getting my rewards, I cannot compete. I’m not playing your buggy game again until you give me all my missed rewards.

And, to be clear, I sometimes get a message telling me I have unclaimed or missing tomes, but even then nothing happens.

I also want to be clear that this has nothing to do with purchases. Of course, the one thing that works in your app is the ability to spend money - go figure…

UPDATE -
I Uninstalled and deleted all app data, restarted my smartphone, then downloaded and installed the game again. This fixed the issue and I finally got all my time rewards at once! It was like 20 solid minutes of character XP selections. Woah!

However, it didn’t fix the 10+ other recurring bugs I see, such as not being able to gain PVP xp (won 6 games in a row, xp hasn’t gone up at all… not even a single point).

4 Likes

Same thing is happening me

2 Likes

Same here, but reinstalling and clearing everything didn’t work

3 Likes

Same here, i reinstalled the App, Tried to use another device nothing helped. IT hast to be Like 30-40 tomes for me too

3 Likes

I am unable to open tomes. I have downloaded the update, restarted game and phone. Any other ideas.

2 Likes

Same thing here, VERY annoying. What the HELL BLIZZARD?!

1 Like

The same problem here. I can’t collect the tomes.

1 Like

I have not been able to open a single tome this season.

Hey having the same problem. 20+ tomes not opened. Pls help !

Know bug the support said … We need to wait for. « Fix soon»

Having the same problem for over 4 days now i lost count of the tomes i missed this week

Hello, having the same problem for 10 days

I am also having the same exact issue. Clearing data and uninstall and re-install didn’t help at all i am receiving zero tomes. It keeps telling me it’s credited to my account but i never receive them. So frustrating

Muy buenas yo tambien llevo mas de una semana con este problema. No puedo abrir ni un tomo ni de regalo, ni semanal, ni de compra. Espero una gran recompensa a cambio.

Same with me none of the troubleshooting helped. I’m on like week two of this