You've been Playing the Beta/Alpha

With Reforge expected to launch in a couple months or even December. It is clear that a beta for Reforge will most likely not happen. If it does it will probably be in November to test out the UI, but most likely will be very short. However, with out any news about Beta/Alpha other then a recent hint about Pete Stilwell.

People should really quit asking, if I were willing to bet they are just going to keep the exact same engine for Warcraft 3 and just improve it with Graphics. For example, Blizzard did this in Warlords of Draenor when updated the basic old Alliance Human and Horde Orc models in World of Warcraft.

Thus if you own Classic Warcraft 3 right now. Most likely you can play against people against Warcraft Reforge, so they aren’t splitting the small community.

4 Likes

no need to bet, they already confirmed it will be the same engine.

5 Likes

the function of switching between old/reforged version and other will definitely causing new bugs yet some sxxxhxxd claim that no test will be needed
juz another Blizzard fanboy that inherited Blizzard’s arrogance

2 Likes

The switching I doubt will be an issue. It’s just going to be alternating between displaying two sets of graphic assets. That’s why the standard and reforged will be compatible with each other: it’s just what’s displayed on one’s screen. SCR pulled it off without hitches and I’m sure the W3R coders at least consulted the SCR coders for tips.

Any issues are going to come from the engine/interface/rendering/other deeper features that were added/altered.

2 Likes

well at least the war3 client is as stable currently as alpha/beta software, so you might be right

1 Like

Couldn’t find posts where that was confirmed. However, I’d believe it.

1 Like

Can not confirm or deny.

Must be true!

Its confirmed and since you are able to play with “classic” war3 together with people only owning Reforged, it has to be the same engine. Thats also the reason why Classic got 64bit support and a new DirectX version.
Only because people are too lazy to find the exact info doesn’t mean the info is not out there
x-files music

What does it mean by server patches in parallel and major updates to rendering technology?

We havent seen tht yet…

They patch both games to keep them compatible in online play (classic and reforged.)

Rendering technology is about reforged’s fancy new rendering effects, like better shadows and stuff.

That’s all fine and dandy, but WC3: Reforged is going to have armies that don’t “stretch out.” They are making it like Sc2 where the units move together in a ball. Is this type of movement doable in the current WC3 engine? And how much would it affect gameplay? There also may be UI changes that could affect competitive play.

No im asking is tht stuff right now or coming inn reforged?

i grew half bald telling people they aren’t a different game but the same.

good luck in your quests in growing bald too trying to get the same message across.

i’m sorry SCV but you have literally no proof of what you are saying. more like you even have no clue of what you are saying.

Blizzard specifically stated at the begining right in blizzcon, or right after the announcement that they intend on keeping the melee gameplay exactly like how it is currently.

and they specifically mentioned this is the soul reason they didn’t move to a different engine and decided to stay with the 17 year old wc3 engine.

continues to grow fully bald slowly

1 Like

Thank you for examination OP