Would pay Bliz $10/mo to stop updates & leave W3C in peace

Nobody asks for what you implement.

You don’t implement what people actually ask for.

You experiment with balance for the sake of change and break the competitive gameplay quality.

Every patch causes new issues with W3Champions that their real developers work to fix for months until you roll out another untested, unannounced patch that nobody asked for.

Just leave the community in peace. We will fix the game and implement the features that are important to the average player.

I will pay a monthly fee for you to do these things, Blizzard, and just leave this game alone. That’s what you want right? Take my money. Leave the game.

3 Likes

I did ask for things regarding bug fixes/stuff for custom maps (such as 512mb maps), back2warcraft was pretty happy with the new observer mode.

You seem to think that W3Champions players are the only players of war3, they are not.

4 Likes

They’re adding more and more custom games, if you are vocal in the discord I’m sure they would listen to adding the specific ones you play.

It’s the majority of the community.

I am talking about custom game related features, for example, this patch increased custom game max map size from 256 mb to 512mb which is a big deal.

They are also working on fixing ALL animated models that have been broken for a bit, go open the editor and try to place a Naga building (that has water) in SD mode, you’ll see they are broken.

There’s also other issues like techtree issues and frame handle issues that need fixing too, none of this stuff is fixable by w3champions regardless if they add or not custom games.

2 Likes

Lycan is right, it will never get better if it was kept the way it is. Also, the animation in reforged mode is still incomplete. I wanted them to actually fix and make it better than what it is now.

2 Likes

I think they should stop at patch 1.29
Made reald hd for 1920x1080 and get out.

But they introduce 1.30 patch that has size of 30gb and lag

1 Like

hard disagree.

2 Likes

A monthly fee just for them to leave the game alone? Nah man, you’re thinking about it the wrong way. People should just boycott Blizzard altogether if they’re going to keep coming out with crappy updates for their games and do bad jobs at balancing classes like in Diablo 4 until they give people what they want.

Too many people are stupid or ignorant though, so it’s probably never going to happen.

Actually, lots of people did. Practically everyone was asking for all the features of the game that went missing when Reforged came out to be restored. And most of them have been at this point. Doesn’t mean they don’t need fixing, but they’re there.

Actually, they did. Heck, they even gave us wanted things that were not expected i.e. the camera zoom.

Blizzard has zero obligation to War3Champions, it’s an unofficial mod that was started when the game was seemingly abandoned entirely (for nearly a year and a half). And as I’ve explained to many people on many occasions, when people buy a game, they expect it to just work, downloading custom mods just to play isn’t reasonable nor should it be expected. What should be expected is that the game gets improved and fixed such that those mods aren’t necessary to begin with.

You do not represent everybody, or even anyone other than yourself, so stop acting like you do.

If by “we” you mean W3C, no. They don’t fix things that are important to the average player (other than more server locations, that’s nice), they fix things that are important to the elite.

It’s their intellectual property. they can’t and won’t leave it. You can’t tell them what to do with it.

If you hate Blizzard and what they’re doing/ have done, the only way you can show them that is by not buying their products.Z

You are not the community, and you do not represent the community, so stop pretending to speak on its behalf.

2 Likes

If they would at least do more for custom maps which the community is asking for …

How about fixing and adding natives and removing limits?

I would like to add to my comment as well.

If they had kept it the way it is, it will be a dead game again. And they would most likely going to shut it down than letting a third party to take control over again. Plus, they don’t have the same tools as the official company does. Even if they somehow do, they aren’t going to match to the devs vision. But it is very rare if they do have somewhat good if not better vision of the said game. Except in this case, I actually don’t like the “re-reforged”. Because it felt like it had changed too much to the point of like it was lack of focus. Although that is my opinion.

It’s always going to be a coin toss, but in legal retrospective. Blizzard has the final say in their own products, no one else’s.