Why this happens (custom games)?

I live in Canada, and normally play on American server. My ping is ALWAYS OK, whether I’m the host or join someone’s custom game. But sometimes during morning times, American server is almost empty, so I go play on Europe. I don’t host on Europe, only join other people’s games. In about 50% of the time (could be 100%, some players could be staying silent), the host and other players complain of high ping, my ping is still ALWAYS OK, the same as on Americas. It seems to me that their ping is high - because I join their game. But it makes no sense. So if 10 players from europe were playing a game, everything is fine, but one American joins - and they all start to lag?

i will explain. to players in europe, your ping is high while their ping appears high to you. the servers is located in areas close to the player base in the region. when you try to play on the european servers, you connect to a server in europe and thereby gets high ping. your system will also identify the other players`s ping as high because they are far from you.

I don’t understand, my ping is always 100 ms (let’s say). Why europeans playing a dota game (let’s say) get also a 100 ms ping. But if I join their EUROPEAN game, THEIR ping suddenly becomes 200ms, while MY ping always stays at 100ms. My ping is always 100ms, whether I’m playing on Americas or Europe or Asia - doesn’t matter, whether I’m host or NOT - doesn’t matter.

Like you know, in my logic, when I’m joining a game on European server - I am the one who supposed to have high ping (as being from Americas). Not the other way around, where Europeans get high ping on their own server, because American joined their game.

the ping is registered locally in each client.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.