Why no single player mode?

Why there’s no single player mode in so called ‘Refoged’??? Campaigns are the only ones remaining in single player mode while other games created are on Battle net or in LAN. For some old maps, if I want to enable cheats, I have to run them using command lines. But as you know using command lines is hard to add other computer players.

What’s wrong with this game? Why no single player mode? Afraid of piracy for such a game in the current condition? I will never steal s–t from Blizzard’s toilets.

7 Likes

you can open maps in the world editor to play them with cheats

Cheating does nothing to enhance the game play experience. You should learn to hone your skills and face other players in battle!

You should know that not all maps can be opened via World Editor. For some maps with slk optimization or written directly in scripts, they cannot.

are you talking about custom maps, or official blizzard maps? how many custom maps are played in single player?

You must talk about normal versus game. Not every map aims at beating others! Many customs maps is designed for play as a single player. You play alone, explore the secretes and learn the story in the map, just like what you do in campaigns. Why no single player mode for these maps?

1 Like

If you are that dedicated to your old single player custom maps, you can always re-install an older version of the original TFT client, and just force it to not go online inorder to keep it on an older patch. Then all your older single player custom maps will work as normal, but you obviously will only be able to access online mode through Reforged.

I know it seems like an annoyance, but that’s what many people do who are into older custom maps, and its pretty simple to setup an offline version of TFT if you have an original CD or know how to find the old install files online

Custom maps. Over 30% of the custom maps are designed to play in single player mode. Even if there’s only 1% of them, Blizzard has no reason to spoil them.

Did you even read what I wrote? what the hell?

Yeah, please make it seem like Blizz removing features from the game is fine and we should just keep an old installation if we want to play what was supposedly backwards compatible… --’

Read. So what? Now, finally, I know why this game sucks. Thank you for the lesson you taught me. Thank you.

1 Like

either that or just never play it again… the choice is yours, what do you want from me? I didn’t make the game, I just trying to show the OP a possible solution to his problem… if your choice is to never play the game again, then goodbye

You are a blizzard employee hidden in a regular account? You call yourself some sort of classic fan in every post, but you have created your account 10 hs ago and the only posts you participate at are this. NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL.

1 Like

Open RPGs probably are a good one to use cheats in.

Arnt there better single player RPG games to play? I mean like I said before, if somebody is that dedicated to an old custom map which isn’t played online, they can just store a backup install of the original TFT on an older patch, many players do that for various reasons (maps, replays, private servers, etc)

Probably, but if you already own warcraft III maps are free.

But yes you are right they could keep an older version.

How can I install an older version of TFT?

1 Like