Why is Warcraft 1 and 2 on gog and not on battle.net?

I thought this was weird, especially considering they have that retro compilation called “Blizzard Arcade Collection” which is a collection of their more obscure but really good hidden gems they made in the past like Blackthorne and the lost vikings. But the first two Warcraft games are not on the launcher for sale for some reason, but you can purchase digital versions of them on gog. The same is for the first diablo game, its not on battle.net but its on gog, why? You can play Starcraft 1 on battle.net, and heck they even let you play through that entire campaign and its expansion for free. Why is Starcraft 1 on battle.net for free, but the other warcrafts and diablo 1 isn’t on there at all?

they’re not on battle.net becuase they’re not supported by Blizzard and haven’t been for years. Not sure if War2BNE works online anymore but I don’t think so.

Warcraft 1 and 2 are both older than Starcraft. Starcraft is also much bigger and was preserved by Blizzard in large part due to South Korea, for whom SC1 is oft credited with saving S.Korea’s economy though the invention of the internet cafe many years ago.

Surprised they haven’t touched Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2. Since without them, there would be no Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Why would you complain about a good thing like this?

For once, Blizzard is much more funded than your average modder. And second of all, they have more equipment and devs that can make a game quicker because of the funding. But I know it only varies from one scenario to another.

Having lots of money doesn’t mean you just go ahead and make reckless business decisions. The potential for gain still has to be there.

True. Although having money would mean you don’t need to take more time for dayjobs to be self-sustainable. And it is true that getting paid like dirt doesn’t help either.

Sir, you have this backwards. The leaks from the people laid off who created Reforged is that the official plan from Lord Bobby Kotick and his henchmen is that they want to eventually put Reforged onto GOG, not the other way around.

In general, the only game that can be reasonably given an excuse to exist is one like Diablo Immortal that makes millions of dollars per day. Otherwise, there is a substantial incentive not to waste developer time on these games that do not make millions per day.

Considering the DRM plan Reforged has and its intrinsic ties to Battle.net, I don’t see how that could even remotely be a statement to be taken seriously.

I’d love it if it DID go to GOG, for obvious reasons, but I don’t see that happening. Ever.