Why is system requirements not available yet on official website?

Warcraft Reforged why is system requirements not available yet on official website 2 weeks before release??

8 Likes

because no rig on earth can run this pile of crap properly

26 Likes

I think the real reason is that they don’t know. They are still optimizing and you can always put classic graphics that run on any lap top.

3 Likes

I tried it with a quantum computer.

Now I’m selling parts on eBay.

9 Likes

Calm down guys, they are busy remaking the cinematics and cutscenes and deliver The trailer of the decade! Shadowland who?
I bet the whole youtube/twitch community will react to it.
We’ll need ambulance!

They aren’t even remaking cinematic like we thought ( CGI) or how they promised (at 2018 demo)

1 Like

Probably because they are still gathering user data to be able to give decent recommendations for them.

The unofficial ones are…
3+ GHz quad core processor or better from the last decade.
4 GB graphic card with full D3D11 support.
16 GB of memory.
Windows 8 or 10 64 bit.

This will give you full Reforged experience and by release it should perform atleast moderately well. It is possible to play Warcraft III 1.32 with a weaker system but it is highly likely the Reforged graphics option may be disabled, especially with low video memory GPUs and even if they are not the performance might not be suitable for some custom maps.

Did you test this? At what settings?

1 Like

You came late man. Posts like yours used to get 30+ likes in the early phase. Now theres only 3 left for you…

Lets hope blizz is creating something male and brawny for you to identify with. ‘White’ Ranger maybe?

The point is, I dont get why people feel offended only by the existence of female DK and DH as long as you can choose.

4 Likes

It’s sad. I would’ve bought a new CPU/motherboard/graphics card to play this game at optimal settings had it been more than a pure model update (I actually custom built a PC just for SC2 about 8 years back). Not that it would’ve mattered to Blizzard, but it goes to show how subpar games sometimes affect multiple industries.

What? 16 GB RAM for this? No, bro !

1 Like

What I posted is what one would expect to max out Reforged. If this currently does not happen it is due to bugs or optimization issues. It is kind of intended for a no compromises experience, such as good frame rate, load times, max settings etc.

GPUs with less memory may require using reduced texture quality. Ones with very little memory, such as below 1GB, may not even be able to select Reforged graphics it seems. This is especially the case with custom maps which might potentially use practically every unit model available at the same time. Melee is more optimized so maybe a 2GB GPU could max it, possibly even less. The performance of the GPU is likely related to the screen size used, but any recent gaming GPU should suffice for at least 1080p.

Processor wise it will need a bit more than original WC3 due to the more complex rendering and likely removal of optimizations for old processors. For melee probably a 2GHz processor would be enough, especially modern ones. It is only really for custom maps that 3-4 GHz is recommended since a lot of custom maps already push CPU hard and have come to depend on systems being a lot faster than the original WC3.

Melee at max settings will likely use 4 GB of memory, especially if caching is used similar to other modern Blizzard games. Custom maps with more asset diversity could use 6 GB or more. Windows 10 uses about 3 GB for itself for some reason. On top of that one wants some space left over for the OS file cache, especially if using a mechanical drive. Hence the 16 GB recommendation. 8 GB would probably suffice but might show some performance strains, especially if running of a mechanical drive and playing demanding custom maps. If a less aggressive cache system is used than other Blizzard games then possibly 8 GB would be fine.

System requirements have landed Warcraft III System Requirements (Reforged and Classic) - Blizzard Support

3 Likes

Let us see how accurate my estimations were…

Intel® Core™ i5-6400 or AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X or better

Both 3+ GHz capable and both from the last decade. Seems I was spot on.

Not sure what is up with the core count. For intel they recommend 4 core 4 thread while with AMD they recommend 8 core 16 thread. Since core count clearly does not matter I would have thought a Ryzen 5 1600 would be more appropriate for the recommendation.

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ R9 280X or better

GTX 960 available in 2 and 4 GB versions. The R9 280X is a 3GB GPU. Seeing how this is the recommendation for campaign and melee play it still seems reasonable that a 4 GB GPU could be needed for optimal custom map play, especially when a lot of different assets are involved. Which I also said earlier…

8 GB RAM

I was out by double. However I did justify this as well…

1 Like

@DrSuperGood
Hey! Those recommended system requirements match my PC, not just minimal ones, but recommended as well, so I wonder why I still cannot have Reforged graphics enabled. Maybe because it is still Beta, thus would be better in official release.

It’s so strange that it’s not on the store page though…

xhttps://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/warcraft-iii-reforged?blzcmp=wcr_shop_hptop

Blizzard should really update this, and the website with a new trailer ASAP

The system you showed me on Hive is nowhere near the minimum requirements, let alone the recommended ones.

Pentium Dual-Core E6500 → Fails to pass minimum CPU requirement. The minimum is a Intel® Core® i3-530. The i3-530 might have the same frequency and core count, but it averages a lot higher instructions per cycle, has hyper threading (double thread count), uses faster DDR3 memory and has twice the cache size.

GeForce 9400 GT → Fails to pass minimum GPU requirement. The minimum is NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450. The GTS 450 has 8-9 times the floating point performance, twice or more times the graphic memory, support for much more modern graphics APIs and about 3 times the transistor count.

The minimum is hardware from 2010. Your hardware is from 2008.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for backup. Blizzard should hire you.

Hope you’ll enjoy this feature while will be thinking on why did you buy this broken reskin

Bigger question is why don’t we see some adds about this game launching or anything of that type. Its like ActiBlizz don’t even care…