Why I love warcraft 3

I was born and raised in a very poor family, however, we did have money for a very very basic computer. Being poor really ruined my fun with my life during that time, I couldn’t impress girls, I didn’t even have impressive clothes or money I could date them with, I was having zero hobbies since my parents didn’t invest money into things I do after school, my life was so boring and lame. All I did all day was riding my bicycle since it was a zero cost hobby. One day one of my class mates brought me a copy of hacked warcraft 3, I was enjoying my time. Suddenly I had something to do, making units attack trees, casting spells, Arthas casting holy light but then using Death coil because he betrayed humanity, I was having something to do other than riding my bike. It improved my life by a lot, However as I mentioned I was living in a very very poor family so I couldn’t efford the game, 4 years later I was chatting with someone on gamespy, he told me warcraft 3 had a demo and I downloaded it and I was blown away, you could play Orc vs Orc with only thrall available, the game have shown me for the first time in my life how 2 players can have a game online at the same time, not turn based game, I was blown away by thrall lightning effect, by the ability to see the area of my enemy and then send troops, sending wolves to attack peons at gold mine, but most of all, spamming towers all over the map, the most funny thing we did was telling in chat “lets be allies” and then attack enemy creeps together, making “hold position” when our units started attacking eachother, it was a blast. So I had a dream of buying a real CD with CD key but once again don’t hate me I was poor as hell. So I saved money for a full year, and bought warcraft 3 for 85$ and Frozen Throne for 70$. I did it by skipping using the bus and taking the money for myself, walking all the huge way home every single day for 1$. Needless to say I got super legs power during that time. And yes, I bought the game, played it, played it and played it during nights, during the day, sometimes I skip school which had window of 3 hours went home played one game and walked back to school. The most fun thing was the World Editor, I created a dota-like games, a tower defense, a hero line defense and so on and so forth. I felt like I can finaly express myself in an artistic way.
And I spent thousands of hours playing dota.

So yea, I love warcraft 3. I bought reforged and didn’t refund because I believed the game will get better because my love to this game. The models looks bad and the game lost the thing which made it most fun for me = tournaments.

Rest in peace my beloved warcraft 3.
You WILL be missed.

3 Likes

which version of wc3 costed 85$ at release???

Well, it could be dollars from somewhere other than America… Some African coin or something :slight_smile:

Here in Israel it cost 85$ at release and they refused to lower the price for 3 years.

oook, according to the exchange rate is what we all payed for a game we cannot play anymore^^