Why do we have the PTR?

Hi, blues. What is the point of the PTR and its forums if none of the bugs reported are going to get fixed? The game has been plagued by bugs since the launch of reforged, and some of them even have jira-ticketed-solutions from prior classic team devs, and yet they keep getting ignored, patch after patch. Why can’t y’all fix the things that we’re telling you need to be fixed before you go on to add more unfinished/trivial features? Why do you ignore bug reports? Will this game ever be stable again like it was 3+ years ago?

13 Likes

They don’t have any insight into this community and choose to not engage. They met their obligation to launch “multiple patches this year.” Quality and functionality have nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

I see that this thread has inexplicably been moved to “Bug Reports” when it is in fact not a bug report, so I moved it back to general discussion. I see that you (singular?) still read the forums. So what gives?

1 Like

He’s not working for blizz anymore iirc

I was referring to kaivax, who moved my thread, not kam

1 Like

When I was in a high school in the US, my calculus teacher once ranted about how it was stupid that he was not permitted to change a lightbulb in his classroom. He knew how, but the school of had hired an official changer of lightbulbs who was the only person allowed to change lightbulbs.

Kaivax probably has the very same problem. Presumably Kaivax is not permitted to fix anything inside the game code itself, so he simply couldn’t help you even if he wanted to. Assuming that is true, he probably also has no satisfactory answer to your question @GrapesOfWrath , and thus will not engage in this discussion.

…and it still works exactly like this it seems…
you may be an electrical engineer that can create a lightbulb out of a brick, but there will always be the 2 weeks trained Professional Lightbulb Changer that “knows more than you”. When a whole country is based on “we know what you need more than you” Reforged happens… along with many more other problems…

The PTR was useful when there was a team assigned to the game. We used to iterate on bugs with community members, ask for test maps, etc.

I truly don’t know why they bother with updating the game at all, let alone running a PTR they don’t use.

I think you’re overdoing it with the rose tinted glasses. Even old Patches that had an assigned Team completely broke a big percentage of maps with bugs that could and should have been found by the team by simply doing any of the most basic Tests. So it was bad before and is now worse. It was never good.

I remember an interview of old Blizzard where the philosophy was that when they found a bug during development they would fix it immediately. I guess it’s why their betas where more stable than most others finisjed products. The first drop off I saw was with Overwatch. Its beta was the first that I experienced crashing.

Back in the good old 90’s! :wink: …a mulattooooooooo an albinooooooooooo a mosquitoooooooooooo my libidoooooooooooooo YEAH!

meanwhile in the present days what is important is to change a tiny little texture of a wall with a bowl of fruit…
ah… if they only took care of real problems as they invest in censorship…

Would you have ever imagined back then? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey blizzard i keep dcing in the custom campaign Arthas orc where Arthas meets with uther as a death knight can you please fix it?

I’d suggest posting your own thread (with maybe a tad bit more detail)