Where is WarCraft 4?

Where is WarCraft 4?..
… the RTS not the MMORPG WoW excuse…

I hear WC4 was planned, but shelved multiple times because;

1. They couldn’t figure a way to keep it online always to be required to play in campaign mode or have a justifiable reason to be a live service.

2. They are trying to figure ways to keep it in constant maintenance mode and pay-to-win without appearing broken on release and pay-to-win.

3. They haven’t figured out how to get a steady stream of profit from it, since now all game design revolves around profit streaming as primary priority, cash shops, ect. ect.

It’s been nearly 20 years since the release of The Frozen Throne and nothing but WoW since then. Why?

Would like to see a blue post reply, but doubt it.

2 Likes

War4, if it was ever planned, was likely shelved because of WoW. And WoW is still going strong, so they don’t have much incentive.

4 Likes
  1. They simply are not skilled anymore to do it (?) :slight_smile:
5 Likes

Why would they? There is Warcraft 3 Reforged. If they did make a Warcraft 4 it would be like the same graphics as Warcraft 3 Reforged HD graphics or close like it. Also not to mention it would be more work then it is worth, more people play on WoW then Warcraft 1-3 so they are keeping WoW alive so they can make even more money.

So what you’re sayin is, greed ruins everything?

Whatever happened to the days of passion projects? Just making a fun game first, if it sells that’s just gravy. It it flops, hey at least it was fun to make and play!

4 Likes

Those days went to the Frost Giant :wink:

4 Likes

exactly, like if they did care they would of fixed Warcraft 3 Reforged by now or even not do a Warcraft 3 Reforged and just go onto Warcraft 4. They are trying to fix Warcraft 3 Reforged now but the updating is slow process and there was a gap in Warcraft 3 Reforged lifetime that there was like 0 people working on the game. So we all felt abandoned and we still do kind of, though the new updates is a step in the right direction. (Custom Campain is in PTR, and MMR/leaderboards/etc has been released even though it needs more work to it to fix the bugs)

Thanks! i just checked them out and signed up for open beta for Stormgate. It looks promising! Has the Classic Blizz feel before the merger.

2 Likes

Ah yes, Warcraft 4, the first mission, you help re-unite some badly conceived furry reunite with his husband with dialogue that drives any normal person up the walls.

Monkey’s paw, this isn’t the creative climate to be wanting Warcraft 4. Wait for the bad times to pass, give it 5 years, many creative companies still need to go through the financial burn / ruin of internal activism before they’ll course correct.

2 Likes

They actually ARE the Classic Blizzard :wink:

1 Like

If you ever heard about Warcraft 4, you heard it wrong.

Unlikely. Blizzard’s based out of California.

It is Friday my dudes, but I had my mom get pizza yesterday so there will be no pizza tonight.

Blizzard needs to finish fixing WarCraft III: Reforged first before working on any sequel!

They are not able to solve War3 problems.
They made idiot balance patches, thinking some UD or Elf player will be happy and promote the game!
They did not even realize that they ruin the game !
So what War4 did you expect ? Maybe in 2040

candy crush makes more money than call of duty and all of blizzard combined. theres your warcraft 4.

3 Likes

An mmo and an RTS are totally different genres. They can have both games if they wanted.

But blizzard isn’t willing to make an incredible game like WC3 was. Make a great game, sell “box copies” and players will come. Stop trying to sell a live service with a game attached.

Not every Blizzard game needs season passes or loot boxes or whatever.

But it’s not going to happen because they fired all the RTS guys, who then formed Frost Giant studios.

I hope Microsoft buys ATVI because they did well with Age of Empires, and they seem to be willing to make games like WC3 where blizzard isn’t interested unless it’s going to make a billion dollars a year every year for the foreseeable future.

Up the stairway to heaven.

There’s a player who’s sure
All that’s Blizzard is gold
And he’s buying an upgrade to heaven
When he gets there he knows
If the stores are all closed
With a sword he can get what he came for

1 Like

I first read that to the tune of All-Star.

Well, the bills start coming and they don’t stop coming
Activision made my wallet start running
Didn’t make sense to stop Reforging Warcraft
The community cries as the execs laughed
So much still screwed, so much delays
So what’s wrong with one botched patch release date?
You always reap what you have sown
The lesson that we’ve always known:

Blizzard! They have fallen
From their Throne, that’s Frozen
Blizzard! They are broken
Hear the truth that’s spoken:
That all executives lie
One more game joins those who’ve been left to rot & die~♫

1 Like