When are we getting some fancy new skins?

Mainly for heroes. I think to many varying skins for normal units might make some units hard to identify.

7 Likes

Why ask Blizz for this? Custom content was always made for WC3 by the community. So search for the skins/models online. Make requests on modding sites.

Or make the skins/models yourself.

2 Likes

Don’t be so lazy amegotl just give him some links and be done with it already… if you don’t others will come like nasty crows and peck out your eyes!

he wants the opponent to see his skin aswell, otherwise whats the point ?

1 Like

We don’t need NEW skins. We simply need the current campaign hero skins availabel in multiplayer. It should be in the game already, from day 1 release. Because Blizzard advertises it on the official blog posts. All Dreadlord models, Crypt Lord models, Tauren Models, Archmage models are supposed to be availabel in multiplayer.

Source:
Tales from the Smithy: Reforging the Undead — Warcraft III: Reforged — Blizzard News

Quote: "“Varimathras was the vainglorious brother,” says Pete. “His pride keeps him in shape. Definitely not a demon to skip leg day. There was also a trading card version of him with an exquisite pair of mutton chops that we couldn’t keep off his face.”

In addition to their single-player campaign appearances, all reforged Dread Lord models will be available in multiplayer. "

The advertisement is fraud. Blizzard has been advertising the ability to play with hero campaign skins since before Reforged launched and its not in the game. Yet they continue to advertise it. Blizzard is straight up criminal with false advertisement, just like they tried to use Blizzcon 2018 blizzcon footage for campaign.

Don’t trust criminals and don’t give them your money.

6 Likes

Wrong idea, it breaks the familiarity rule. you can’t oppose my right to see all units with 1 specific model at all time just because you want to have unique skins flashing to your enemy.

This isn’t an mmorpg. visual integrity matters a lot more. so get your head straight and realize what’s up.

1 Like

Odd, I couldn’t seem to find this rule in the game anywhere.

1 Like

You already have skins available now, so your argument is invalid, there will be more

At the very least they could make a slight change to the editor so that the unit model entry could be an array of different models in stead of just one. That way we could assign all the paladin skins to randomly be picked for paladins. Granted this would only apply to custom maps but it would still be better than nothing. I came up with this idea while making a custom blood elf race in a map and thought it would be neat if building a farm would randomly select one of the many high elven farm models. Like how Age of Empires II has multiple versions of the houses that get used randomly when you build them.

2 Likes

I didn’t make any arguments against you technically.

just implied there should be an option for people to turn off skins from other people. seems reasonable don’t you think ?

1 Like

lol no, this is a clear buisness model, once you will pay for a skin (and it will come) its impossible

But if the opponent has different skins set up than you do, then the point is moot.

Well i am far more of a traditional player. so my points reflect that.
“buisness model” as you say, first off, Warcraft 3 is an RTS game, personal customization should not take priority over what the game visually represents. that is something you do in multiplayer RPG like games, or games that generally you have control over a singular character so player expression takes priority.

If you want to play War3 to flash your skins to someone, you kind of chose the wrong game to do it. and i have every right to defend visual integrity and the rule of familiarity within this context.

Second off, If they want to add more skins to sell, i am fine with that even though it seems scummy to me. considering the current state of the game its not justified to add more skins. but if they want to do that atleast they should give us the option to switch off seeing any skin from other players.

Asking for this option is wholly justified, its a simple solution to a problem i don’t see how can you deny it given the context of what category of games Warcraft 3 is classified in.

2 Likes

Your naive… once I payed for something TO BE SHOWN TO OTHERS and it can be removed for free, its worthless, they will never do it.

and also, im fed up with this visuallity bullsh!t, you are not blind, you can still tell a paladin even if it has a different skin , i never took the “reforged graphics unplayable” argument seriously, i see it as purists traditional whining about every aspect of the game

You’re naive*.

Then you better stuck it up and leave, Warcraft 3 is not Fortnite.

And i am very much fed up with basically a bunch of nobodies like you coming here dictating that somehow something that takes priority and works for games that are specifically designed for player expressions should be applied to games that are not designed for player expression. sounds like you’re playing dumb or don’t give a flying spinning fork about the difference between games and how each game should represent its visuals. news flash its called being a casual the one who pays companies to exploit them for skins like whales, tsk tsk tsk talk about supporting greedy companies to exploit you with skins even though the game released and still is an a terrible situation and its long term survival has been heavily damaged.

Atleast we’re whining for the game to first get fixed and fully function before talking about skins, instead of whales like you moaning on the forums about skins when the rest of the game is in flames.

2 Likes

who asked for skins? im stating facts, thats how things going those days, you, and the rest of the folks here still live in 2003 and are so stubborn and stupid they wont realize its time to move on, micro-transactions are the main source of income these days…

im tired of repeating myself here, Im not supporting the current state of the game, but its much better then what people present it to be here… I only see “why did you change” (UI, graphics, voices and so on…) complains and whining all over the place… its crystal clear this community wont accept any change made to the game

did you saw anyone giving away a good word about the huge number of models added? i saw in campaign atleast 6-7 new paladins, same for trolls, and tons of models that are in world editor that are not used in game

Looks like someone doesn’t know the concept of don’t fix what aint broke.
In war3 Reforgeds case, the vanilla game objectively had more functioning features in comparison until Blizzard adds them back in months or years to come.

Stating facts about the current gaming industry is irrelevant to be fair, you and everyone knows its a scummy and shady money hungry tactic. stating its the norm does nothing to voice against the tide trying to stop it. you’re only telling me to move on and accept being milked to death like a cow with skins and micro transactions just because its the new norm.

Last time i checked the people who spoke against scummy tactics were less dumb and stupid then you claim them to be.

Also no these forums are bias against people like me. i’m basically overrun by people telling me to move on and accept mindless change even if it objectively leads to the demise of the game i love.

I don’t accept demise, its called accepting weakness.

3 Likes

scummy and shady money hungry? its a business, where the heck you think you live in? creating a game is a huge risk with a very low success chances, its alot of time and investment, how you want it to be returned ?
put aside big companies like blizzard. fact is (atleast in mobile games, thats what i know for sure.) that most profitable way to publish a game app is free with in-app purcheses, then its free with ads, then its pay to buy, those are facts, how do i know? I am a developer and i have a game on google play store. only advertising will cost you tons of cash, not speaking about creating the game.

so when thats the most profitable model, thats what people choose to buy, none forces them, what do you think blizzard will do ? will give up the cash just to please cave men here to complain about something else ?

hahaha thoat 1 extra models for each hero

they really should give Nezar’azret and then Baine and Bovan their own unique models for skins in multiplayer

this

10 characters

I think he meant skins for actual melee/ladder, because you can’t mod those

1 Like

I agree with that sentiment for mas units. Heroes though are unique and theres no reason we cant have some variety.