What proof is there that this game is broken?

I created this post: My experience so far defining my experience of playing the game so far. It shows the bugs and issues I have had.

1 Like

Me too! I’m having a blast. No FPS issues or bugs yet.

2 Likes

So you are flat-out calling thousands of people liars? Where is YOUR proof? Yes, I’m sure many of those people are exaggerating (e.g., claiming they can never get the game to run when it actually “only” crashes half the time). But I assure you the vast majority of people experiencing bugs are not simply making it up. I personally have had only one major bug (when I reached one of the Interlude cutscenes in the first campaign, my game would crash to desktop every time, and the only way around it was to exit the game and select the next mission directly, skipping the cutscene).

Regardless, the bigger issue isn’t the bugs, which will likely be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. The real issues are the lies Bliz told about the game, the false advertising, the missing features. Improved graphics aside (and let’s be honest, even those improvements are fairly modest), Reforged is a massive DOWNGRADE for most people. What other “remastered” game can you name that REMOVED multiple major features people loved (custom campaigns — the lifeblood of the game; ranked ladders, clans, various chat functionality, etc., etc.)?

I for one only bought Reforged because I couldn’t wait to see what new custom campaigns people designed with the promised greatly improved graphics and a “modernized” editor. I don’t do multiplayer, period. So now, all I got for my money is a campaign I’ve already played through a half dozen times over the last 18 years, with slightly better visuals.

No matter how you want to spin it, this isn’t what we were promised, it isn’t what was marketed to us, and it most certainly isn’t what we wanted.

2 Likes

Click on the bug report forum.

1 Like

I didn’t buy Reforged (I knew there would be bugs at the start). My game has been updated anyway and:

• My single-player campaign progress has been lost.
  • A quick custom game is incredibly laggy (never had lag before).
  • Even the new menu is laggy.

This is from me playing for just 30 minutes, without having bought Reforged. So yes, in my opinion, Blizzard has broken the game.

That’s an idiotic statement. Do teachers get paid the hourly rate for every student in their class? No. A price is set based on how many people will buy the game. The total income of all the sales is what pays the people for their work (plus some profit for the company). You show a complete lack of economic understanding.

2 Likes

I havent seen any of it get a better pc or check your hardware for issues and conflicts.

You wanna know how many issues my system had with the Classic version before the update?

Hint: It was lower than WC3:R’s current Metacritic score.

3 Likes

My game works fine.

I imagine there are people that are having legit issues, but if some one can not take a moment to express what issues they are having and open a ticket to get it resolved then I don’t have any sympathy for that.

Games almost always have issues at launch, i don’t stress about it. The sad part is how important games are to people, so much so they freak out about something not working correctly.

1 Like

I’m happy for you. Mine doesn’t. And I did open a ticket, on which I’m currently awaiting a response.

1 Like
  • Sodapoppin, one great Warcraft (WoW retail/Classic) streamer had to end his stream because he lost instantly every match after getting into a game without pressing a single button.
  • The menu runs as a Chrome window, not a part of the game
  • There’s FPS drops in the game, and no, it’s not my PC’s fault (it can run R6S on 1440p/ultra @60FPS) and other people reports these issues too
  • Minimap is misaligned on random occasions from start to end
  • shaders bugging out
  • assets not loading
  • client crashes to desktop

And I didn’t speak about the false advertisement part. This is a full-on heated dumpster fire with in-built gasoline resupply to keep the flames going on.

4 Likes

“WHAT PROOF IS THERE THAT THIS GAME IS BROKEN?”

Are you serious?!! You can’t even play a singleplayer Custom Game anymore. You can’t play a LAN game anymore. Those have both been available features since 2002. Do you not understand what the word “broken” means?!!!

3 Likes

braindamage is real

2 Likes

What proof is there that the game is working and worth $30?

3 Likes

ohh there are so many issues that it would take forever to list them all but i will list the ones that are most important to me.

1. the game has serious technical problems, it has zero polishing and optimization

i have a good enough pc, a ryzen 2600x with 16gb of 3200mhz cl14 ram and a gtx 980ti. also the game is (or was because i refunded) installed on one of the fastest ssds on this planet, a samsung 960 evo nvme ssd !!

and yet the game froze for a second every few seconds. this happens to many players according to this forum and some have even much worse problems. I can run all games flawlessly, including WoW maxed out without drops below 60fps and without other problems (WoW only drops in boralus harbor, otherwise its constant 60fps everywhere maxed out… completely maxed out, everything on ultra and 10/10 with 4xmsaa etc.)

with uncapped framerate, reforged ran with 100-150fps without drops below ingame, except those freezes ! those freezes are due to a buggy engine and nothing more. ppl already uncovered that its most likely the cache flushing that is completely broken here…

1. the unit animations are at 24 of 30fps. Thats absolutely pathetic and makes all units stutter all the time… They should have been at the very least in 60fps because thats the norm on pc. Thats the lowest standard available on pc… 30fps is console gaming and this is a pc exclusive game !

2. the only downgrade i am really missing and caring for is the new UI. There’s absolutely no reason at all to not include the new UI, especially because it was mostly finished already 1.5 years ago !! and it looked incredibly good,like everything in the blizzcon 2018 demo.

3. besides that the game has so many other issues, like even the menues lagging or like the menue structure being so idiotic that not only the wc3 general chat overlaps everyzhing which basically makes it impossible to use parts of the menue system because the general chat overlaps them and you can’t see stuff because of this, BUT also a single person can crash the entire main menue by spamming stuff in the chat. This happened a few days ago where some idiot spammed racist stuff, soo much and so frequent that my main menue completely froze !! you see my system above and its not the problem. the problem is horrible coding. they couldn’t even code the menue correctly and also they could have just included a message maximum for a certain period like they have in WoW to not allow spamming at all but they didn’t even do that. also you can’t even change keybindings ingame, you need to do this in a .txt file… WTF, thats beyond pathetic, we are in 2020 now and not in 1998 :smiley:

3 Likes

I haven’t been having any issues. I’ve run WC3R on three very different computers all with the same results.

I’m also still able to run the old client on all of these machine along side of of the new client.

I even have the old client running on a 20 year old Power Mac.

What is obvious to me is that a group of YouTubers ran a series of videos where they systematically trashed WC3R based on nothing more than the rumor mill and the absolutely normal reporting of support issues and bug that happens with any AAA game release.

Here are some videos showing WC3R running just fine and doing all the things that people are claiming it can’t do.

https://i.imgur.com/mUINXSI.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ceSw6Y7.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/KFfDLXo.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/PvHJOOu.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/DP1RcqL.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Cpk4KEO.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/9XLEEOA.mp4

Maybe look on the troubleshooting and bug thread you “fantastic person” and see all those people who can’t play with this “perfect release”. Personally all I can do in the game is playing the campaign, nothing else is working. Now go and be a “fantastic person” somewhere else if you have zero understanding how “awesome” this release is.

Yes, well, easier said than done… I’ve tried opening a ticket, but I keep getting an error message… “Please try again later.” Charming.

[WHAT PROOF IS THERE THAT THIS GAME IS BROKEN?]

What proof is there that you :

1. Are an actual and honest person
  2. have empathy for those who look to genuinely suffer
  3. if 1. is anwered “none”, that you’re a bot ?

You’ve got 1 hour.

Go shave your neck. This release is a piece of literal crap. It broke not one…but TWO of the same exact game!! I tried doing multiplayer. MATCH FOUND!!! 10 mins later… nothing happens. Reload game and im sitting here playing minesweeper on my other monitor while this game fails to do whats it done for almost 20 years

Shows a critical bug in the old graphics giving away NE and UD starting locations, as well as a color glitch where blue peasants turn into red militia.

3 Likes