What proof is there that this game is broken?

First of all.
These videos of yours shows nothing at all. Running menu is significantly less HW difficult than actual gameplay. And even then its not much comparable, because FPS really depends on the resolutions of the monitor you are using. ( Higher resolution means more pixels for Graphic Card to render )
For example the monitor used with old Mac is definetly not 1080p, so its not comparable with your others videos.
Plus the Classic client is not on the battle net launcher. So I guess you can play it only offline now, because the old servers are dead.

The game may be unplayable for some for many reasons. One may be that the new graphic is not very optimalised yet, so the slightly older computers will have hard time running it even tho they can run high settings on Starcraft 2.
Other reason may be the solo buggs that are in the current game. Sometimes it just kicks you out of the game whenever enemy leaves. It happened me in three games in a row when I played with a friend. Also there are numerous GUI buggs. When you join a game sometimes it wont load the lobby and you have to do that again. etc. etc.

But the thing why Warcraft 3 Reforged is a trash game is much more simpler.
They developed this game for more than 2 years and all what they have done is just graphic redesign and creating many buggs in the process that werent there in the original game. They released it and they are playing dead buggs now.

Im sorry but if you work on something for more than 2 years, it should have some quality, especially when the developer is billion dollar company like Blizzard.

And the argument about the price is just nonsense. $ 30 may seem low but it cannot be compared to work hours, because its lowered by most consumption.

Plus if I may add something.
I just remembered another GUI issue. Whenever you load a game, the map is definetly not in 4k… :smiley: its wierd as hell to look at the pixels in the middle of loading screen.

1 Like

For many years most playes weren’t playing on BattleNet they were playing on W3Arena. W3Arena stopped being used when Blizzard announced WC3R and then improved their support for BattleNet with a subsequent patch to WC3. You are making this out to be an issue when it was an issue for at least most of the last 10 years but the WC3 community came up with their own superior solution. Why do you think that that won’t happen again if there’s a demand for it?

The only computer that I was having any issues with running WC3R was a 12 year old Mac Pro (2008) running an NVidia 960 GT. In that case, the Menu UI was running slow. The game itself ran reasonably well with all settings set to high. (I have a video but it’s not uploaded) Now this may be because that machine is currently only updated to Mac OS High Sierra, and it may not be optimized for the Chromium UI framework. I don’t think I have time to make the updates to that machine to test it further but it is a 12 year old machine. My expectations were matched.

The other computers were a 10 year old homebrew running Windows 10 with another NVidia 960 GT. I have absolutely no problems running WC3R with all setting set to high. I have not been able to reproduce any of the issues that players have been going on about on that machine. None. Everything runs smoothly and without issue. I’m also able to run the WC3R client in Offline mode, connect to a LAN game, and play through the Campaign without any bugs, slow downs, chugging, or lag. Replays load and play smoothly without any issues. Additionally, it has not exhibited any latency, chugging, lag issues with the UI of the main menu, which performs as expected (animations, scrolling, button clicks, etc).

I’m also running WC3R on a 2013 Mac Pro (Mac OS Catalina). I have not experience any unreasonable issue on this machine either. It’s been running near continuously since release (to be honest, I’m surprised that there are no memory leaks causing crashes or chugging). Settings are set to High, memory and CPU usage seems to be on par with expectations (Firefox and Chrome are more demanding of system resources that WC3R), the UI performs smoothly and within reasonable expectations (though I have noticed some issues with chat window scrolling, as has been reported by some users), and the game itself runs without any issues.

I may test the game on my 2012 Mac Book Pro just to see if I can find at least one machine that isn’t performing well enough to justify some of the issues that people are reporting. To be perfectly frank, I’m not buying it. I think that there may be people experience some issues, but a lot of this angst against WC3R is sensationalist BS manufactured by YouTubers looking for bait clicks from a fan base eager to jump onto the hate train.

I have yet to see any of the issues being complained about highlighted in an unbiased report where the result where repeatable (an absolute necessity if these alleged issues are to be fixed) let alone on my own computers.

There’s plenty to be angry at Blizzard about but I’m just not seeing this backlash as legitimate.

Beneath all the superficial bugs and crashes and uglyfied ui’s there is still a fundamentally destroyed game. Have fun reading, although I feel like you probably wont.

I just read some of that post and double check its accuracy. The guy was lying about the map when I went to check it. It’s like he didn’t think anyone could just go look at the map and see that everything he said was completely fabricated. WTF?

Now I’m even more convinced that this is a systematic campaign to ruin WC3R and Blizzard.

Well the guy who wrote that is me, I’m more than happy to correct any mistakes I made but im pretty sure its all accurate. care to elaborate ?

Dude, this is really damning. If you can’t be accurate then why should anyone believe a word you have to say.

The changes you are talking about just aren’t in the damn map.

and if I run both version of the game side by side, the only differences are the art assets. The game is the same. Why are you lying to people. What do you have to gain by doing this?

And WTF is this about? Why are you saying that the UI is “ugly”? What is it about the UI that you don’t like? It’s like you heard someone else say then and are just repeating it for cred.

You probably misunderstood my point… Open up LV Murgul oasis and Murgul oasis (original) and compare those two maps… What I wrote is accurate. What exactly are you comparing?

If you were trying to compare echo isles to its old version well that’s impossible (to do easily anyway) because the original file is simply overwritten. but TSLV murgul LV and battleground LV are all easily verified.

The maps between the version are literally the same except for the assets. What else are you comparing?

It’s sad people are passionate? About something that has been a dear part of their leisure-life for many years? :man_facepalming:

It’s sad people like you have such low standards. Probably why developers adapted low standards themselves, giving us this “fine” game, not even bothering to put their own hearts into it, rather outsourcing their core franchise to a random studio who puts human ears on naga models and has the menus running in Chrome. Not to mention visual indicators for NE and UD starting locations as posted earlier in this thread. Impale changing team colors. Ladder / profile / tournaments being stripped. A good 30% of my 50+ versus games having desyncs, being stuck in matchmaking queue, custom game hosting only working sometimes. If you think this game is fine and acceptable as it is currently, you haven’t actually played the game.

1 Like

are you comparing reforged to classic or something ? that was not my point at all lol. What are LV MAPS?? read the complete post to understand, if thats your intention even idk.

What proof is there that the game is broken?

• No more profiles
  • no more ladder
  • “new” menu and chat look and feel awfull, lacking old functions and are made in cheap HTML code: X_https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/exbcrn/the_whole_main_menu_of_warcraft_3_reforged_is_a/
  • no more tournaments
  • No more LAN
  • No more Clans
  • No more offline AI game functions
  • No more cross chat with D2 players
  • No more cross-region play (NA playing with EU)
  • no /ignore function
  • no more custom campaigns
  • profanity filter does not work and when it does it crashes ur game, example:
    X___Twitch
  • No more /commands
  • Removed friend list
  • No more RoC balance
  • Removed custom game filter
  • No mmr system
  • classic graphic options do look worse than the original (shadows look worse, some spelleffects are missing or look worse, example:
    X_http://i.4cdn.org/v/1580726676652.webm
  • some models are misisng entirely in new reforged graphics, example:
    X___Twitch
  • No keybinds menu
  • campaign lacks old eastereggs
  • Removed dryad “i’m so wasted” line and other iconic voiceovers which do not fit SJW policy
  • Removed Samwise Didier from Gamefiles: X_https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/eur3z9/what_about_samwise_didier/
  • Cut cutscenes
  • No Cloudsafe
  • if you switch classic to reforged graphics or vice versa, it deletes your campaign progress
  • FPS, performance and optimization is bad, even on high end machines
  • Cut english voice acting
  • New foreign dubs which are inferior and compulsory, cannot be changed back, new german voicelines sound especially dumb
  • Cut story content
  • Replays safe function dates the replays in no particular order and the dating is wrong
  • Arthas vs Illidan cutscene looks like a cheap youtube SFM
  • Chat is so broken it cant even autoscroll it self
  • Old client is gone even if you don’t own reforged, your forced into this mess
  • Custom maps now have a report button so blizzard can ban maps like revenge of the [REDACTED], anime arena and caterparty (the creator of which was already banned)
  • 50% of custom games are GONE cuz of new Blizzard ToS
  • all intellectual rights on custommaps now belong to Blizzard
  • And to top it off, it seems as if the Lead Designer is on massive damage control on twitter.
  • Keybinds non existant in replays, cant even edit a dirty .txt file for that
  • microtstuttering in multiplayer, even on high end machines
  • AMD users cant play the game at all for 3 months now and not answered in technical support forums
  • campaign does not work in classic graphics, it auto defeats you on certain mission, example: X__Twitch
    X___Twitch
  • no more safe function in custom games, so certain games are not playable anymore like “Burning Crusade - Raids” or in general all custom games which required you to safe your progress
  • after a certain time it auto kicks you from custom games for no reason, example:
    X___Twitch
  • no communication at all, 1 blizzard employee named Kaivax for the entire worldwide community
  • random disconects, high ping, servers stability is awfull
  • no leaver penalty
  • unlocking collection portraits is broken, example:
    X___free tinker portrait, no randoms played? - Album on Imgur
  • no marketing at all
  • all the community third party software does not work anymore
  • bugs and stuff reported in Beta over ~3 month still in the game, example: X__https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/teamcolors-get-changed-when-upgrading-townhall-or-militia/8919
  • autodefeat bug in campaign
  • 30FPS animations in a uncapped FPS game
  • no new UI which was advertised
  • no new content and cutscenes which were advertised
  • new maphack bug by blizzard: X_https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/exvhkq/game_breaking_maphack_bug_against_night_elves/
  • outsourced development to Malaysian Studio, game art (models, animations, etc.) is not even made by Blizzard: X___Lemon Sky | Kuala Lumpur
    and theyre trying to hide this information:
    X____https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/ady9zy/pete_stilwell_hiding_forum_posts_about_malaysian/
  • radio silence about all this since beta started, 2 days into launch and
  • community manager still ignoring us completly
  • “damage control” bans on forums and twitter for posts like this.
5 Likes

So you are complaining that they made balance changes to the ladder version of the map pool? for a ladder that isn’t even live yet? That’s your only beef with the game thus far? And you think that this justifies trashing the entire game?

Oh and you think that the updated UI assets are somehow “ugly” because… they aren’t the exact same assets that were in the previous version of the game? Like that’s your only critique, that they don’t satisfy your nostalgic perspective on what the game should look like.

Was playing LAN yesterday. o.O

guys please listen to him. He is right, he can run the old battlenet on his 20 years old power mac. So he has no problem with the huge amount of bugs and glitches that the new shameful “battlenet interface” presents…
He can still enjoy all the features that have been ripped off! Wonderful!
In synthesis, he is the usual average mac user!!!111

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA

seriously speaking, a Pentium 3 from 2000 with 64mb and 16mb of video card could barely run wc3 only if configured properly via configuration files. As the number of units in map increased, not conunting some memory leaks here and there in custom maps (DotA had it too back then) game became very unstable.
Nonetheless you could still enjoy the whole chat system flawlessly.

Now the useless chrome browser freezes the interface on i7 processors…

Awful.

OP, the few people who are enjoying the game are the ones who don’t have any problems.

I got black screens and crashes every now and then, not considering the lag, the loading screen during the loading of a new level being completely black except the sole loading bar, or a DIY photoshopped image put together with the loading screen image and the other background image you had before the loading itself and other bugs (like missing recruited-units-voices).

If people are complaining so hard, it means there is an actual problem.
You have to understand that the backlash is well deserved.

P.S.: I can’t show you the black screens since my PC crashes so the only thing I can show you is the loading screen: _https://i.imgur.com/Mn4r4C3.png _https://i.imgur.com/ac8bwoT.png

You haven’t been able to run old BattleNet for years, even before the WC3R announcement. That’s why you used a third party server like W3Arena.

It’s like you guys didn’t actually play the game until just recently because you see your favorite esports personalities playing the games and you want to be one of the cool kids too.

You don’t have a phone… with a camera… that captures video? o.O

I have been testing and playing offline mode for a few days now. What is it that you think doesn’t work regarding offline mode?

short version:

X_https://www.twitch.tv/pohx/clip/ClearShinySheepOptimizePrime

absolutely nothing this guys says in the first minute of the game is true by my own experience over multiple machines. How can I take any of this seriously when it’s so easy to verify that it’s a lie?

Yes. I have been able to do this since day one. What is it that you are doing that leads you to believe that what you are saying is the truth?