What is the point of this new ladder update if...?

“The game you attempted to join could not be found.” this message appears for more than half of my games forcing me to restart.

4 Likes

The point of the PTR is to identify issues like this so they don’t happen when it goes live.
I can’t say i’ve actually ever seen this error (yet), though I’ve certainly seen and reported various other related issues.

You should post a thread in the PTR section with all the details you can muster and without the bad attitude and there’s certainly a chance they’ll be able to find and address it.

5 Likes

it happens to basically anybody who plays ladder, are you playing ladder? its even happened to Grubby on the PTR lmao… everybody knows this bug happens frequently like if u play 5 or 10 games in one day you will get the bug at least once or twice, maybe more

1 Like

its a ptr my halfwit go report it in the ptr thread

@bungus - wtf are you talking about? its been happening for over a year in regular ladder mode

1 Like

This is happening not on PTR… about 1/3 times I am forced to restart because game just says the quote in Main Body.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve excusively played on Ranked mode. No campaign, not custom games, no unranked versus. I’ve never seen this error. Plenty of other issues, but not this one.

1 Like

This problem has been there since the game released regardless if only certain people have seen it or not

1 Like

Well, as ive explained before, if only some people have an issue, theres a good chance its either an issue on their end or a network related issue, probably from crossing regions. # of people with an issue can also gauge the severity. Pointing this out is not meant to minimize the issue some people are having. But the mere fact that this isn’t an “everyone” issue does narrow down the potential sources/causes.

But again, I’ve never seen it, and this is even the first ive heard of it.

You should really provide more details in a formal report If it’s triggerable, how often, etc.

It could just be connected to high ping, and if that’s the case, it’s not the game itself’s fault directly but rather ActivisionBlizzard not having battle.net servers in enough places. (Good luck with that one…)

The one issue I have commonly had on PTR is the game finding a match but the game never starting. No error message is ever given and I have to restart the game to be able to play again. But it doesn’t sound quite the same as your issue.

Lol, what you said at the end there is exactly the issue, it doesn’t matter if you get an error message or not.
There is no ‘formal’ way to report this. Two things happen:

• The game will notify you that a game is found, by playing the usual sound and displaying the “Game found” notification over the green eye icon that is at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes, a match is not found and the game goes back to re-queueing for a match, displaying the “Searching for a 4v4 match” message again in the chat box. You don’t have to restart the game because of this if it happens to get in a game successfully.

• Basically the same as above, but rather than re-queing, the green eyed icon just gets stuck on “Game found!”, you can’t cancel by clicking on it like you normally would and a red colored error message will display at the chat box saying something about matchmaking having a problem. Since you get stuck on the game “re-queueing” (but it’s not) and you can’t cancel it, there’s no way for you to actually queue again because the option for finding a match is greyed out so as the other options (campaign etc) and it forces you to restart the game itself.

This is actually pretty annoying when it happens. And knowing Reforged’s lifecycle, saying “there’s a good chance it’s an issue on people’s end” is just tasteless. W3Champions matchmaking works fine, I never got a error related to matchmaking there and even before Reforged released, in 2018-2019 I was still playing 4v4 RT and matchmaking was totally fine back then too.

2 Likes

Really??

Ohhh you’re a genius!! Thank you for solving the mystery of the unknown bug that apparently not everybody experiences… zzzzzzzzz what a waste of time… like how much more specific in the details do we need to be in order for you to say its the same thing?? Maybe it can have slight variations sometimes but its exactly the same thing

This is not a new bug its existed for over 2 years and just about everybody knows it

yes that is probably the right reason for the issue, thus MANY MANY PEOPLE have reported it on a variety of sites, including reddit, twitter, hiveworkshop, and also here… all we can do is hope blizzard actually listens

5 Likes

Look man, you don’t need to be a jerk, for lack of a forum appropriate word.

If you’re trying to say we’re talking about the same thing, fine. The thing is, the thread pretty clearly makes it sound like something else. They describe an apparent error message:

“The game you attempted to join could not be found.””

they put it in quotes, implying it’s something actually said by the game.

As I wrote, I’ve never seen this message. I still have never seen this message. Quite frankly, I wish I got an error message when that issue occurs, but I don’t. So I’m still not sure we’re talking about the same thing, despite the similarities. However, the issue as I’ve described it, I’ve seen it more on the PTR than anywhere else- but it probably goes back to the original theory, which would be amplified by the PTR server being in just one location, thus increasing the chance that the server is too far away from one or more players in the game.

It’s clearly a networking issue that can only really be solved by expanding the battle.net server network for the classic games.

Just happened again 3 times in a row lol…

1 Like

CaptainJack at times makes people angry when saying problems others face he has yet to see, i told this to him many times before, let people who are experiencing a problem to express it until its fixed. if it doesn’t affect you there is no reason to state that it does not affect you because spoiler alert … it does not affect you. :joy:

Anyways, i hope they fix the issue for you lads, i’m wondering why is this message even sent, maybe games are internally hosted on Blizzard servers crash or bug out so you get that message.

3 Likes