What if ghouls could morph into aboms?

Like in sc2?

2 ghouls morph into 1 abom? Plus 50 gold so ots the same cost of regular abom.

I guess the idea behind this post is that once you get enough lumber latter on in the game the ghouls instead of being useless can turn into atleast 2 or 3aboms.

Obvioulsy once aboms are buffed like they should be.

3 Likes

There used to be a mechanic in the development process of the game where you’d combine 3 Ghouls to make an Abomination. Abelhawk makes lots of good videos about these kinds of things on Youtube if you’re interested.

1 Like

I’d… still wouldn’t make Aboms.

Seems like you’d just always double up on crypts and not really use the Slaughterhouse outside of Statue production. It’d probably make it easier for Undead to play, though pumping out ghouls to make Aboms seems like a bit of a redundancy. I’m not sure it has a lot of practical value.

Kinda like Destroyers being made out of Statues. It’s a neat mechanic, but I’d rather Undead have a standard form of dispel instead of a fancy unit upgrade.

1 Like

Its not redundant because the harvester ghouls for lumber inital six can become like 3 or 2 aboms instead of going in and instant dying to clap or aoe spells.

1 Like

Yeah but thats only if you are making your early to mid transition.

Imagine the late game when you’re facing an NE with mass MG and you really need to pump those aboms. Now you’re pumping ghouls instead and merging em, instead of just making aboms and rallying them to your army. Its technically more macro because of that extra step.

Maybe if it were instant like Druid of the Claw transform it could work.

No dude u got it wrong.

I meant aboms can be created as normal from slaughterhouse

But ghouls can also transform into them.

Not saying 2 ghouls need to be made to create an abom.

Im saying create aboms as normal but any workers can also morph an additonal optipn

1 Like

Oh.

Hrm.

Could be good but I still think it’s a redundancy. I’m not sure that really improves or changes any situation, just sidelines it. Kinda like giving Footmen an upgrade to turn them to Knights. I mean sure that would help if you had a bunch of footmen and needed to free up some supply for Knights and you were just gonna throw em away anyways, but other than that it doesn’t really do much for the game as a whole.

I feel like that’s the same kind of decision the Devs thought would ‘improve the game’ like shifting the Necro’s abilities around. It sounds more impactful than it really is.

The problem is Aboms are still bad. So if you have extra lumber ghouls… just sack em like a Human player sac’s footmen for extra food. If you have excess lumber and you don’t need ghouls OR aboms for combat (which is prolly 90% of the time…), then this isn’t a meaningful change. Aboms have a purpose, so you should be making them out of necessity, and not just out of having enough lumber and too many ghouls.

For what it’s worth, I think something like this (if on its own) would just fall under criticism of not actually addressing the real problems that UD have, like lack of HP regeneration, requiring excess micro of units, and simply having units that aren’t effective for the role they’re given (compared to other races).

1 Like

How have they not fixed undeads underwhelmness?

Good idea, maybe put 3 Ghouls in the Sacrificial Pit and he will transform!

1 Like

You’re still not going to make Aboms over Fiends.

Fiends give you a ranged army that can attack air, focus fire on units and it’s going to be the backbone unit that carries UD to tier 3. Until the other units get buffs, you’re always going to go Fiends. If you always go Fiends, you’ll always go DK. End of story.