What about graphical (developer update)?

Hi as new developer updates roll out about leader balance patch bug fixes and on…
Any new news on updating graphics to the lvl of 2018 blizzcon demo ?

When i was pre ordering wc3 R (as old school player i already know that MP is great) but main reason was new graphics and cutscenes…

Beside quenching mod that community created that looks insanely great compared to what we have with Reforged (witch look in reality like 2008 graphics or something)

So my main question is are blizzard planning to Re reforged graphics of wc3 R ?

Because (they always say that working hard behind the scenes and on) but what are they working on ? Graphics in this state will not attract new people also micro transactions with new skins wont work because graphics are terrible…(most people play with old graphics)

Ty for reading :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Spot on :muscle:

7 Likes

Maybe there is some self-love left and the reason models are missing is that they are making new models of everything.

Equally personally, what failed was the reformed campaign. If you had a campaign with the cinematics in the trailer, everyone would love the new models. Because the models are made to shine in these cinematics.

4 Likes

Personally i don’t have problem with new models (yes they are not done by blizzard but by another company) but models are based on blizzard wow original artworks (if you look at concept art)

Models are good in my opinion maybe some are a little bit off…
Also icons are not that great but nothing that i care that much…

What i am thinking about graphical improvements is similar what quenching team is doing…

Like terrain,trees,lightning assets,night time,new shadows, abilities affects…a lot of those seems not finished at all…

Bringing the game graphic closer to blizzcon 2018 demo version…(ps i think blizzcon demo was done in sc2 game engine…

The result is for example sc2 game that come out in 2010 have better graphics then wc3 R in 2020…it’s kinda crazy if you think about it…:smiley:

6 Likes

Well i am playing with the new graphics which are great.

2 Likes

Haha lol good for you :smiley:

But look objectively shadows are terrible almost non existent…

Terrain trees abilities shadows look worse than original game…

Game look far off what was advertised…look at blizzcon demo 2018 game clearly use different terrain lightning assets and on…

Only thing that is good right now is models (most of them) everything else is terrible …including abilities like bladestorm Pitlord rage and on and on…most of em look like trash…

Maybe there is ppl that like this graphics but most of ppl like 80 90 % refounded the game…

And objectively graphics that we have right now are worse than sc2 and they look like something from 2008 not 2020…If you like games from 2008 you definitely like this graphics… :smiley:

Personally i think duke you work for blizzard man but ok :smiley: or you have some sight problems… :smiley:

7 Likes

I hope that working team have an answer for your (our) question :slight_smile:
I see only no updates, no answers about graphical enhancement…
Quenching is awesome, but as their developers said " without blizzard support patch it will mainly have few smooth operation problems "…

Just i am waiting from blizzard this feedback since 1st Beta till today… hope they respond to you my friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ye i hope so i wish we have some answer or maybe we will get it at blizzcon 2020…

Because they are saying that reforged should be stand to time for next 20 years…

But with this graphics and in this state it’s actually worse than original game… :smiley: That cant stand at this time let alone for next 20 years… :smiley:

Lest graphical patch was 1.32.4 to 1.32.5 that clear the blur and game look more colorful…(color accurate)

So i hope we get some answers in near future… i hope for developer update and maybe to see some fotoge at blizzcon…

3 Likes

they said there’s going to be no blizzcon 2020, I think I saw it on mmo-c

Unfortunately for me i am not working for blizzard, but who knows, i am still young :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish they Blizz improved the illidan model. Winged Illidan’s glaives are really thin and overall he just looks like he’s been snorting some heavy hitting powder (skinny body frame and overly clunky animations)

I absolutely love the new graphics and I just cannot go back to the old because they are so outdated.
However, the new graphics can be made to be a bit better like removing the haze on the units.

All hopes in quenchin guys. So support the mod maker, it’s only only choice. Blizzard won’t care we gotta stay realistic, as much as we all wish for it

4 Likes