We want a New Playable race! Pick One or Two Blizzard

Maybe give each race some faction? like the alliance in azeroth, kalimdor, the remains in lordaeron, and orc have felorc, those orc that left behind in azeroth, and orcs that lead by thrall.

1 Like

No new races for competitive, we already have 10 different match ups to balance the game around, and they still struggle to keep it balanced.

It would be cool for them to be added to the editor or something for custom maps but not compititive.

Unsure about race skins too, I would be okay if they didnā€™t change the design too much to keep them recognizable, but that would kinda defeat the purpose, so maybe just for individual units? So maybe you could have a brown orc or a elven footman.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not looking for a new race in competitive, personally. That would be too much designing work and Iā€™d rather they release the game asap and look at potential new content later, depending on the success reforged has.

2 Likes

A good point from the Topic Starter! It is a great idea to add new races. I hoop with all my heart that the Naga becomes a playable, balanced race for Warcraft.

The way the Naga is made in the Night Elf Campaign of The Frozen Throne, is - simply put- amazing! And I do hope that it is finished to a playable race.

Iā€™ve always wondered why this wasnā€™t done for the expansion pack.

Also, I do agree about the implementation in the World Editor for easy race creation for maps!

At the same time, Iā€™m against the input of WOW-styled races in Warcraft III. Unless they come with a Single Player campaign that adds the background story in a feasible Warcraft III setting (WOW sometimes clashes with WARIII style and lore).

2 Likes

more races= more competitive, you only have shown more reason for more races Retera, more races makes more of a pvp challenge which is great because only the true best of the best will top the leaderboards :smiley:

instead I propose a way to customize your race (either with actual effects or just cosmetic)
I would like to be able to choose my potantial units before starting game or after and become never able to choose other option
as example:as night elf you can either train night elf archer or Night elf Guardian wich is a melee unit with unlockable blink abilty toward enemy only at very short range.(I mean realy short and will blink to infront not behind)
again I am not favoring this. just an idea I thought incase of someone find it intresting
if it is cosmeticā€¦ I would like to play as forsaken unit models instead of scourge models. or have human riffleman instead of dwarf. but most importantly being able to choose blood elf footman instead of human version.
corrupted orcs instead of green skins, warden models for night elves!
OH MY GOD POSSIBILITIES!

After all these years, and now that they have the oportunity to continue WC3 development, I would agree with Naga, in a possible expansion after The Frozen Throne, which I assume is happening after they release the base game.

1 Like

Thatā€™s your opinion. Donā€™t state it as a fact.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have the Naga as a fully playable race since it wasnā€™t present at all in anything after you wrapped up the WC3 TFT campaign.
I was personally excited thinking I got to pick a new playable faction on versus maps but I wasnā€™t able to in the end unless they were custom made.

1 Like

duh this is not warcraft 4! this is warcraft 3 and must be same with it without any change! I dont need any reason to explain you why so take your salt and go away
/sarcasm. this guy gave me very smiler respond at another thread but now wanting a change sorry but I cant ignore this

1 Like

Not good enough to learn new melee races?

1 Like

I would rather not have any new races for balance purposes. However, it would be cool to see some of the content that didnā€™t make it into the game as part of the World Editor. The Burning Legion and Goblins were initially planned to be the fifth and sixth race but were cut from launch.

It would also be cool to see unused heroes such as the Orc Warlord, Human Crusader, and the Burning Legion Warlock as heroes in the World Editor.

Basically, we should keep the Melee units untouched but Blizzard could really add more stuff to the World Editor as Campaign units.

1 Like

There are custom ā€œMeleeā€ maps that allow you to choose more than a single playable race.

Having them on the ladder system with the original 4 will be problematic.

1 Like

I enjoy the Idea of unit skins, allowing you to customize your army.

Turn the undead into the forsaken
Humans into high elves
Orcs into Troll/Tauren Majority.

3 Likes

Adding a new race right now would effectively destroy the balancing act that has been occurring for the past 10-15 years.

It would basically destroy Warcraft 3 as we know it, so no we donā€™t really want thatā€¦

3 Likes

This is not a decision that should be arrived at for pvp reasons as it alienates anyone who might play it for the myriad of other reasons that are possible (That was your TL;DR). Why should the pvp community decide the matter for everyone else?

Furthermore, I am not convinced even with the number of posts by pvpers that threatens to drown out other voices, that the pvp community is unified on this issue. That being said, I donā€™t think that the decision should be made because of a fear that it may upset the order of the universe, via pvp balance.

So what are better criteria for making the decision? Letā€™s start with this: Why was the original game made in the first place? If it were pvp ladders, why did they choose a fantasy world with a unique take on the races involved? Why not just go with generic orcs humans elves, etc from the decades preceding year 2000? The answer is simple and so is the reasoning; the unique fantasy they created appealed to a greater span of people and was more immersive, which is an issue of imagination, not one of pvp.

It then makes far more sense to have the immersive capacity of the fantasy be the criteria. I am willing to bet that such a criteria will draw in more people and be more rewarding to a far greater span of people than such narrow reasons as pvp balance.

2 Likes

This. Please, finish them, even if they donā€™t become an official race

Definitely not. New races should be added, if Blizz really wants to, in DLCs or something. But leave Reign of Chaos and TFT as IT WAS.

For new campaigns? Sure

For Multi-player? NO! More is not always better.

4 Likes

Are you guys insane? Have you ANY idea how balance in Multiplayer would look like with a 5th race?

2 Likes