We must be able to choose server location when hosting

the title is taken from a reddit post about the same issue,
(i thought it’d be good to raise it here in the forums)

now on to the point; well there isn’t anything i can say that the title doesn’t cover already, we must be able to choose server location when hosting a game in general, so that we can manually pin point the best “in between” area for the hosted game, and the server automatically choosing the closest location to “only the host” just doesn’t cut it.

4 Likes

Umm… If I don’t remember wrong, I think they said they are going to change to global hosting, so the different areas might be gone in the future. Though, correct me, if I’m wrong.

Butcher that doesn’t work if 2 people are far away from each other. That would require a 3rd person to be the host just who happens to live in the middle of the two of them. They’re asking for the ability to pick a middle ground server so that isn’t required.

If Blizzard is at all consistent with previous games you’ll either have a hard region lock (Like when Blizzard told you that if you wanted to play outside your region you had to buy the game twice with SC2) or it’ll be like their more current games where you change region with a drop down menu from the Bnet client.

Having servers in Australia is critical for all Oceanic players. Not to mention RTS and MOBA games are highly dependent on having low latency.