We got scam ( Evidence )

And Blizzard doesnt listen to their fanbase anyways, if they did they would never have stopped patching or hosting tournaments in the 2004-2007 era.
Its not my fault their CEO is so incompetent that he cant monetize a game with millions of followers.
They easily could have implemented features like steam or mobile legends which allows users to purchase skins or other things which dont impact gameplay yet still provide reliable cashflow.
Such a travesty to lose all those players over the years needlessly, simply by not caring about them, or realizing the potential profits to be made by nuturing their own community.

The current state of WC3 Reforged shows that they do.

It just so happens that, again, you’re in the minority and so they didn’t value what you wanted as much as what the majority wanted.

1 Like

Anyways, agruing with an irrational fanboy who cares not about logic has tired me, time for you to argue with someone else.
Since your in the vocal minority Im sure theres lots of people for you to argue with.

1 Like

And the ignorant will continue to be ignorant. But hey, you just can’t educate some people.

Again I completely understand if you are disappointed with the game and you can even to a point blame Blizzard for false advertising considering they had those same old trailers intact. To avoid much of the backlash they should have done for example development video where they would have told exactly what to expect, what was scrapped, what was new and so on.

I mean even as hardcore WC3 fan myself I have to say Im disappointed that Blizzard didnt put more money and time on this to really flesh out WC3: Reforged to be the kind of remaster it deserved to be. But you cant say that if you were actually following the developments of this game and listened to what Reforged team said during Blizzcon that you would have been scammed. Their communication should have been better, of that there is no question, but I alteast knew what was coming, I knew that this remaster was far from Blizzard’s “A-game” but from what Ive played so far Ive also been moderately happy (as far as singleplayer goes, multiplayer still has lot of issues that needs to be fixed and its damn shame that they would release that part of the game the way it is)

So ye overall I would not blame you if you are disappointed or say that 30 bucks is way too much for the game in its current state atleast. But for this to be a scam, it would have required Blizzard to keep utterly silent/outright lie about what was scrapped, but like said they did tell about those things at Blizzcon.

2 Likes

Another video is from this thread: Launch Day Gameplay Video Showcasing Bugs and Errors

Yeah it’s just really bad. Immediately requested a refund after trying it out a few minutes.

This makes harder to revamp maps, and make those cutscenes. It’s easier to make voice acting after cutscenes than otherwise.

The thing about the “blame the purists for not wanting change” excuse is… it doesn’t even hold water. When you pick that argument apart it’s a non-argument…

That problem is solved with a single toggle option: Play Reforged Campaign Mode or Play Classic Campaign Mode? And indeed that toggle was PRESENT in the early Blizzcon 2018 build, suggesting that was always the plan in the beginning.

The engine is the same and the classic campaign was already MADE (it’s largely the campaign the game released with, other than a few small changes)… If they wanted to make a more grand and ambitious campaign for reforged, with a lot of changes, they still could have done that and just left the original campaign (maps/dialogue/cutscenes, etc) untouched as a second option.

If you honestly believe the lack of change was simply to please purists: You’re a dope! Because it wasn’t ever a “one or the other” situation.

The lack of change was because they set their goals and ambitions for this game too high for a small team to finish in a year, and development & budget fell well short of those goals.

5 Likes

this 100%. Remember that for example with the cutscenes, if they had had to remake over 4 hours of those ingame cutscenes that would have meant MUCH longer development time or MUCH bigger team than what they had. Cause if you know anything about animation, this kind of thing is not exactly that easy or cheap to do, if you want to do good job atleast. So in my understanding Reforged team was only group of 10 to 15 people? and if only 1 of them would have been responsible on working on cutscenes, you should be able to count 1+1…1 year to remake over 4 hours of cutscenes just by 1 or even 2 persons is something that is simply not possible, atleast if they wanted to achieve the kind of quality that the Culling/Stratholme demo of Blizzcon 2018 represented.

So ye they simply took too big of a bite that they couldnt chew, and completely underestimated the amount of work required.

2 Likes

Wtf, 2018 looks like 2030… lol

1 Like

yikes…

Weird projection. Kynmarcher, you ignore the evidence why exactly?
The fake campaign trailer is still on playwacraft3 dot com. This is unacceptable levels of bait n switch. You have been educated - you have no more excuse to continue to be ignorant.

1 Like

I’m not ignoring anything. The only thing being ignored by folks is the fact that Blizzard clearly stated that they were dailing it back. They stated this, multiple times, but ignorant folks like the ones on these forums, didn’t bother paying attention, and now they’re whinging about things that they were told weren’t happening.

Then again some folks genuinely got outraged about WoW’s cataclysm expansion when it didn’t have Path of the Titans in it, despite the fact that Blizzard made it clear that the system wasn’t working and would be replaced with the glyph system. So, this isn’t exactly new behaviour.

2 Likes

Yes, you are definitely ignoring that they’re still using deliberately misleading cut content at a higher level of quality to advertise their game RIGHT NOW on playwarcraft3 dot com even after it is finished and available for sale. You are absolutely ignoring that. Maybe one day you’ll look back on this and understand that you were/are.

2 Likes

What I wanted for Reforged was the same great gameplay from WC3 for online multiplayer, a nice new coat of paint for the whole engine, and to see the creative team flex their talents at reinvigorating the campaign.

But it doesn’t matter what I wanted, as I wasn’t asked and no one listened to me.

You know the rule about forums right?

The majority are always the people who want to complain. Very few use them to say they’re happy. The people who are happy just play the game.

Like statistically most people who go on a forum, are not going to be happy people.

1 Like

You are wrong when the Blizzard patch really did the job of optimizing the main menu, there were a lot of good reviews.

It took Blizzard extra time to bring the game into a state that was demonstrated to us in the demo version. The players waited, but in the end received nothing. Therefore, anger is justified.

Let’s be honest with ourselves.

1 Like

Closed beta community is over. Public community is now.

We paid money for a full game, we were promised new hangman scenes, reworked maps, new plot twists … But what to say here, they have not even changed the game download logo !!! Shame on Blizzard! It is a shame to these developers who brazenly lie and steal money from us by selling one product and giving out another! This is a huge hoax! Blizzard and their developers should be responsible, not apologizing! Seriously, they didn’t have time to release the game, but they had time to raise money from us!