WCIII Reforged Graphics Mod: Quenching

This game seriously need control group and select all shortcut. Maybe that way we can finally forget about the 12-unit limit cap.

4 Likes

Can you send us a link @taichi ?

just saw that ESL (Esport) Germany is using mod for their games

3 Likes

If I can share some little feedback about the mod, I would say to reduce bloom a little bit. Also the water reflections are a bit too heavy and it bugs out a bit on white transitions (fade in/fade out in cinematics). I know that, because I noticed it when building such cinematics in the editor.

Cheers and keep up the good work! The UI especially is very very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe adding a slider for bloom and/or water transparency in the settings app could help give everyone an experience more to their personal likings.

2 Likes

Hello! Uh I have a problem, I installed version 1.05 and its patch but apart from the reflections on water and ice, I don’t really see any improvement, please, can you tell me how to get the same graphic quality as on REY GAMES videos (Warcraft III Reforged «RR Prologue 01» (Re Refoged RR) + Quenching mod (Blizzcon 18 Graphics) - YouTube) , are there any precise settings to do?

this mode looks awful

Yes, we do. Keep in mind that such a video is running TWO mods: Re Reforged RR and Quenching. The last change the overall visuals. RR adds extra stuff, like camera angle, animations, and probably color grading. And beware, some youtube videos also add Reshade mods on top.

He also uses ReShade with Quenching, much likely this one: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/10413/

Pay attention to the red colour for example, it isn’t that strong as it should be, but it was the best I could achieve when I worked with ReShade.

The image should also look softer & less edgy with the ReShade combo, if you compare his video with other videos that use only Quenching without ReShade.

I guess REY GAMES doesn’t mention it in his videos because he knows that people wonder why his settings look somehow different and by not telling them the reason he probably thinks that they will keep on checking out his videos. It’s just an assumption, sorry if I’m wrong. :sweat_smile:

He said once that it’s a modified version of one of my ReShade presets, but he didn’t share his ReShade preset though: Outsource to Fix Ladder & Graphics - #11 by Adamant-22630
Maybe he is speaking the truth, maybe not, I can’t tell. xD

I refunded Reforged so I can’t test it yet, but maybe you can try it out @Reddourufu and see if it will look just like in his video.

@Nekki @Saido I was already using Reshade when I installed Quenching despite this, the results are not up to what I saw in the video and above all, the application of those mods is very unstable, in the end, it ruins the aesthetic attempted. As you sais Saido, I think that without more details about the right settings, there is no better results to hope. What a stupid idea to used the original engine, it wasn’t like with starcraft, we can’t always make new with old.

1 Like

New preview up on YouTube from version 1.1

2 Likes

Install guide and some comparison of the visuals by a very tight rope:

I agree with Mr. Rope on the UI. I love the new UI variant, but I cannot use it because the minimap is too small. If the minimap was bigger, same size as the normal minimap, I would instantly use it.

So how about adding a scaling factor for the minimap, or just an option to make it bigger?

3 Likes

Very nice comparison and installation video

New version 1.1 preview

The video has sound issues, but overall look fantastic.

7 Likes

Wow that new version looks amazing! Have they done something to the trees as well? They look better quality and more realistic, even the ground textures look better.

2 Likes

If they work together with re-reforged project and implement the cut scenes in game it will def be the game we all expected blizz to make soon

1 Like

man if only a multi billion dollar company was capable of doing something like this

2 Likes

REY GAMES - this is me here on this forum. I use Quenching in conjunction with ReShade, and have already spoken about this many times. In ReShade, I don’t have any specific preset, with each new version of Quenching I constantly experiment with the settings in ReShade. When a picture visually hardens me, I record one video of castes and put it as an example on my YouTube channel. In ReShade, I always select the settings individually to my taste, and I can change them several times a day.

2 Likes

The environment in that video looks so realistic. Holy crap. And the trees
 The entire thing seemed to pull you into the mission so much more. Absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

Any fix for new patch? Nothings working again