WC3: Reforged switching monitors in full screen

I have 3 monitors, my main is a G-Sync 1440p monitor, and my other two are a 1080p monitor and a 1080p TV. Sometimes when I launch Warcraft 3: Reforged it will launch in full screen on my #2 monitor which is 1080p and off to the side, it will not launch on my 1440p monitor which is right in front of me and my #1 monitor. I have checked my monitors in the windows and nvidia settings to make sure they didn’t get switched around upon #1-3, I’ve only solved this by restarting my PC. But when I am in the game menu trying to mess with the video settings, the only time it will switch over is when I select Windowed mode, then it goes to monitor #1, but any full screen selection in the game menu will just make the game be displayed on Monitor #2. It’s frustrating, and I don’t want to have to restart my computer every time I want to play a game, this is the only game that does that.

2 Likes

Same issues here. Damn blizzard. And when i go windowed mode then move the game into the main monitor then make it full screen, MOST OF THE TIME THE SOUND DIES. nothing no sound at all. then restart the game again. ughhhh. frustrating!

1 Like

Apparently, 3 years later and this issue still exists.

1 Like

It’s not a Blizzard thing, but a Windows thing I would say… You can move the current application to another monitor using the Windows Hotkey, which defaults to:

Windows Key + Shift + Left/Right

Furthermore you can define a primary monitor in Windows display settings menu, which then will be used for starting new applications.

1 Like

still an issue another year later.

It is a warcraft thing. I’m not sure what makes you think it is a windows thing.

If you open up the settings in warcraft… it has the wrong monitor. If I change the setting it forgets that change and shows the wrong monitor selected the next day. Windows isn’t going in and changing that. Warcraft is not remembering.