WC3 Reforged Sound Issue

i have tried everything and it still wont start up my game. Frustrating since i just bought it. Any other tips on howto get my game to work??

did you find a fix for this yet?

when starting game , and you get the black screen, do not click the dialog box “ok” click anywhere on the black screen or hit Alt-Enter and bring it to windowed mode and then click window where the screen is black. P.S. Having your Audio set to “Quadraphonic” or anything other than stereo on Realtek causes this… Hope this helps!

Blizzard…this is beyond ridiculous that this is still an issue… I mean…c’mon!!

Appreciated the continued reports here! I am seeing success with the suggestions on this post.

A few of you are still experiencing the issue and its a frustrating situation, we want you to be able to play and fully enjoy the game. If you have tried everything on the initial post, we’ll need to try and troubleshoot these situations individually. Please contact our Technical support directly or create a new thread including a DxDiag file.

If we can work with you personally to find a resolution to the specific issue causing the sound errors and problems, we can add them to our list there in hopes it may help others with the issue. Thank you all for your reports!

Hello I think I may have the solution for this or at least what was my problem. I ran into this problem too (not being able to start the game due to some kind sound drivers bugg).

so here we go. This is only if you have an MSI motherboard (if not this may not help you) after februari or so nahimic sound driver provider delivered a driver update, windows update will download and install this by him self (A - Volute - Extension 1.1.3262690 if you search [a volute extension on google you will find a bunch of threats from msi forums and people complainig about broken sound their PCs]) once this driver update is installed it will break your sounds drivers.

What options do you have?

1. Use a restore point from windows.
  2. What I did in my case unistall nahimic and realtek from windows app and then install them again, then stop windows update.

in addition to point 2 Windows has a tool that “hides” updates from windows update so you can aboid the problem of stopping windows update.

here is the link to the windows tool download page (OU it seems that i cannot post urls on this post DAMMMMMMM if any admin want to write so I can share the link and they can post it). Use it on your own. Hope this helps.

Edit: Be sure that I did not read all msg above me srry if I missed something.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.