WC3 Reforged Sound Issue

For me, I have a monitor that connects via hdmi to a desktop tower and the sound goes through the monitor. When I switched to headphones coming out of my tower, it started working.

Almost 5 days since launch issue still not fixed. Still can’t play. Have tried everything. Ridiculous…

1 Like

Switching from Quadrophonic to Stereo in Speaker Setup worked for me.

1 Like

It also works with surround 5.1 for me

Hey, I had the same issue and after browsing a bit (as I also had issues with Hearthstone audio) . I found a solution! Try to shut down Sonic Studio, MSI Nahimic or any other audio enhancement software running in the background.

Thank you, all of you for including the DxDiag files. The request for files has been removed from the initial post. We should have enough for now :slight_smile: I really appreciate each one of you providing information and your successful workarounds!

This has been added to our Known Technical Support issues. I have gone ahead and listed all the workarounds that have been successful and reported so far on the Known Technical Support Issues post here. Here’s an inclusive list that may help folks running into this issue to help save the additional click!

• Ensure the audio is set to Stereo:
    1. Right-click your taskbar’s Speaker icon and choose Playback Devices.
    2. Click your speaker or speaker’s icon and then click the Configure button.
    3. Click the Test button, adjust your speaker’s settings, and click Next.
    4. Click the tabs for any other sound devices you want to adjust. When you’re through adjusting, click the OK button.
  • Switch to 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Uninstall/disable Nahimic or Sonic Studio (Sonic Radar)
  • Run the Audio Troubleshooter
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter , select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next .
    2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.
  • Update the Audio drivers
  • Disable other audio devices and ensure it is set to default.
    1. Right click on the Sound Icon, click on Sound (For newer versions of Windows, click on Open Sound Settings > Under Related Settings , click on “Sound Control Panel”).
    2. Go to the Playback Tab.
    3. For all unused devices, right click and Disable . To re-enable devices in the future, right click and select “Show Disabled Devices.”
    4. Do the step 3 for the Recording Tab.
  • Try a different sound device.

If you find anything else that may help, please do let us know! We are monitoring and reading each one of your posts. I’ll try and edit this post, but for an updated list, please do check the Known Technical Support Issues post.

This thread is specifically for no sound or receiving the “Unable to Initialize Audio Device.” If you are not experiencing these issues, such as black screen with sound or crashing, please create a new thread or find a more relevant thread.

Thanks! This worked for me. I keep forgetting where all options are, I can’t understand why Microsoft can’t put everything related in the same place as Apple does…

Tried all this not working…

2 Likes

It worked fine on regular Warcraft III last month. It’s pretty shocking that they managed to break this with their “upgrade”. It’s not so shocking that it came from Blizzard. Too bad that name no longer deserves the respect it used to command.

1 Like

You all do realize now, its not blizzard anymore…activision cancer

So still no update letting those of us with this issue play? Ridiculous!

1 Like

Uninstall Nahimic VR Driver for MSI if you have it. It helped me. Now working like a charm.

I ran into the same issue and did some mild troubleshooting. If you guys are running Nahimic audio booster, this will not allow the game to launch with sound.

Close the app, and relaunch – should work.

I saw all the reviews and how negative everything is about the remaster. I thought to myself “no way it’s Blizzard.” Then I downloaded the game and got this error. I can literally play all the other tittles no issues. Why does this one have issue with my sound drivers? I have never associated Blizzard with Error or a .5 review. But this is day two and I still am unable to play. So, maybe I should, when it comes to new releases…

1 Like

tried all, still doesnt work.

I can’t believe this is still an issue. I bought a game and can’t play it… That’s just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Still no fix for this?!?!

Can someone just go copy/paste the sound files, or whatever, from ANY other Blizz game and get this working??!!

Just bought the game and can’t launch due to audio device error. Really, Blizzard?

1 Like

Problem is gone thanks Caterpepi.

Still getting this issue! posted dxdiag weeks ago as requested anmd still getting this issue. i can play the game if i switch to headphones but would quite like to not have to play the gamer with headphones on

3 Likes