WC3 offline mode

I am unable to access offline mode in Warcraft 3. I am currently without internet and I can only get as far as the login screen where I get error message and the ‘continue offline’ button is greyed out. And before I get the standard “you must have logged in within the last 30 days” response, I will mention that I played it 4 days ago online. Looking back on the several times that I tried to play it offline I don’t think I have even once been able to access the game offline. I would appreciate if access to the game I (and we as consumers) that we purchased wasn’t denied us just because we are without internet. This isn’t world of Warcraft or some other mmo, and many of us already had the game before the reforged patch came in. There is 100% no legal or reasonable reason to restrict our offline usage of a single player game mode if we bought the game, especially if, in some cases, the game was purchased multiple times (e.g. CD versions, digital version, reforged update). This is totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Howdy Valancia!

Deleting the offline cookie will clear the cache files that the game utilizes to check if you were online in the last 30 days or not. The 30-day offline cookie is stored in this folder:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\ClientSdk

If this data was cleared or didn’t save properly due to a conflict this issue could occur when you actually need it.

I recommend the following troubleshooting steps the next time you have Internet:

1. Press (Windows key + R) type into the run prompt: %localappdata%
    Press the Enter key. Delete the Blizzard Entertainment folder. Close the folder.

2. Make sure WarCraft III: Reforged and the Battle.net desktop app are allowed through the OS firewall. If you have any personal anti-virus or firewall software now is the time to ensure the complete folder for WarCraft III: Reforge and Battle.net are both setup to be excluded from all scans.

As for feedback about this requirement being built into the game, I can’t change that but if you would like to post feedback you can post over on our general forums for our developers to review.

Thank you.

Try using your cmd window to launch the game.

You’ll need to use your specific file path. Here is an example:

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe" -launch

1 Like

They don’t know that, and this is entirely an anti-piracy measure. Yes, it sucks, but Blizzard as any other company, has a r ight to protect their intellectual property however they see fit, just as we as consumers have every right not to patronize a company if we don’t like their anti-piracy practices.

True Warcraft 3 fans have backups of their different game versions across the years prior to Reforged, and play the old CD key version as well as Reforged, because the PC can have installed in parallel both installations with little to no conflict.

If you want to really play Warcraft 3 offline and are incensed as you sound, and if you dont feel like using the second reply on this thread to kick open Reforged game without Battle.net launcher, you can just use one of your backups of older Warcraft 3 patches. They are fully functional as an offline game at this point. Personally I have been using Patch 1.22 a lot because it comes from right around or before the Activision merger in 2008, and so the entire game program works perfectly even on my Windows 11 computer (that also has Reforged) when I run that old binary.

However, I do not know where you could get that program that I have. I have it from that time, in a folder that I personally saved on my computer for 14 years because of my passion for Warcraft 3 world editor.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.