WC3 Language issue, defaults to Chinese instead of English

So, I accidentally downloaded the Netease (Chinese WC3 version) version into my English Warcraft III Folder, instead of a separate folder like I normally do, and now Warcraft III always defaults into Chinese, including the launcher.

I’ve already tried uninstalling WC3/Battle net and deleting all the known registry files, but WC3 still defaults into Chinese no matter what I do despite reinstalling with the US English version from battle net.

Is there anyway for me to fix this short of reformatting windows? It seems like some file somewhere has been changed due to the way WC3 handles language settings, and I have no idea how to fix this.

Update. I fully uninstalled and deleted from the registry all things Bnet and Blizzard related. I Think I missed a few things the first time around. This time, running the WC3 setup gave me the proper language options.

Hi! I am a Chinese War3 player. By some issues, Chinese client has some different setting on files. Try go into C:/users/yourname(depends on you)/AppData/Roamings/ Then delete Battle. net folder.

2 Likes

Thanks. I deleted that folder, among others, and it fixed my WC3 language issue :slight_smile:

Brilliant, that’s working!!!
I’m also chinese player, but I usually play on euro server

thank you mate, took me 4 hours before i found this and it worked