WC3 Classic - Low FPS / Screen tearing

With every patch WC3 Classic performs worse on my system. A few patches ago, I would have low FPS (40-50) in 4vs4 big fights. It has come to the point that I have this framerate now in 1vs1 fights.
Games start with around 70-90 FPS (few patches ago with 130-150 FPS) but FPS quickly starts dropping as the game progresses. 4vs4 fights drop down to 30 FPS and 1v1 to 40-50 FPS. It gives screen tearing and unplayability.
The system is well above the minimum requirements (for Reforged graphics which I’m not even playing!), drivers are up to date and graphics settings in WC3 are set to low on 1920x1080@60. Vsync on or off does not matter much anymore in performance and I have input lag with vsync on. Messing around with the FPS slider in WC3 does not help either. The system is set to use the dedicated videocard for WC3 (Nvidia control panel).

I used to be able to play WC3 fluently on this same system on the old client (max graphics) (on 150-200 FPS), as well as fluently on my previous older computer. I can play SC2 fluently on medium to high settings.

I would appreciate some help from Blizzard.

Dxdiag
https://pastebin.com/mDmx7NDW