WC 3 Reforged AMD performance

Wow thanks a lot! I’m so happy. Now if I had known this before I would have talked less trash…

My performance issues are quite a bit better now. I’ve never had issues with the menu though so I can’t speak on that one.

I was sooooo happy when I realized it was fixed!

Yes, the Patch today fixed my micro lag and minimap lag issues. i can finally play normally now. 5700xt user here. TYSM!!

I also confirm that today’s patch corrected the micro-stuttering (hitching) around building/razing structures and mini-map navigation. Much more playable.

Now if proper ultrawide resolutions could be supported properly. :slight_smile:

So we all own Blizzard a BIG

T H A N K Y O U

good job devs!

Thank you for fixing it and for the clarification. It did take a while though. I hope that you will communicate with us more, especially considering that many of us gave precious and timely feedback.
Regards

I also have to say, at least on a first glance, that performance on my system has been greatly improved with the last update. At least the heavy stuttering while scrolling has been pretty much eliminated.

it’s playable now but playing the game feels kinda… slow? compared to classic mode?

Idk if it’s just how it is now or it’s just that my comp can’t run it or optimization?

raedon 5700 + ryzen 7 2700 cpu. I think that should be more then capable to run it on high and smooth but i dont know

does it feel less sluggish if Lighting is set to Low? I found this video setting to be a big culprit to performance.

1 Like

this is accurate

when there were micro friezes there was FPS 170-200 now 45 -65 FPS on the maximum graph, I ask for the optimization of the AMD card, because on the cheapest models of video cards FPS 70 ( my rx 5700 xt )

I tested different FPS graphics almost no different, I noticed such a function that a checkmark * improve mouse response time * lowers FPS by 50 values ​​(if you tick the FPS from 120 drops to 70)

At high settings I would not expect more than 70-100 FPS in a busy scene, especially in some custom maps. The new models are extremely complex and a lot of effort for the GPU. They are an order of magnitude more complex than StarCraft II models.

I already made the setting to only use the AMD instead of the integrated GPU. Starcraft 2 is working fine with good fps on ultra settings and max. resolution.
Warcraft 3 Reforged doesn’t work on lowest settings, the AMD doesn’t get active even when I made that setting on using only the discrete GPU.

I monitored the temperatures and what GPU is actually used and there is no doubt, that it doesn’t get loaded, while in Starcraft 2 it works fine.

Keep checking for GPU driver updates. Alternatively you can try temporarily disabling the integrated graphics to see if it starts to use the discrete GPU instead.

If this is a laptop it might be a OEM specific issue. Otherwise if this is a desktop one must make sure to plug the display into the discrete GPU and not the motherboard video output.

Can confirm that it’s not because of the AMD CPU. I have an Intel I7-7700K and a Radeon video card and the game stutters like crazy for no reason at all.

Hey folks,

The latest AMD drivers have a fix in for what we originally posted about in this thread. There are a large number of things that can cause warcraft III performance issues aside from the bug that was fixed by these drivers. I recommend following this troubleshooting if you are still having problems after updating your drivers.

If it doesn’t fix the issue, you’ll want to start your own thread or contact support. Due to an issue with our guided entry system, Performance is not an available category, so please use the Crashing category as it is the closest category. Feedback has been sent to get that fixed.